• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody familiar with B&G Performance PCM?

Them and christuned seem to be the only 2 in the country that can tune our ecu's.

I'd be pretty darned surprised if anyone (anyone but Mopar and God, that is) can re-tune a Mopar computer. I mean - if the new generation Charger crowd can't get it done, I have my doubts how much anyone is able to do for the lower-demand XJ crowd.
You might see some benefit from either of these boxes, I don't know, but I'm real curious what parameters they are able to get in and play with.

I'd be pretty darned surprised if anyone (anyone but Mopar and God, that is) can re-tune a Mopar computer. I mean - if the new generation Charger crowd can't get it done, I have my doubts how much anyone is able to do for the lower-demand XJ crowd.
You might see some benefit from either of these boxes, I don't know, but I'm real curious what parameters they are able to get in and play with.

Let just say, the stock XJ ecu is holding no more secrets...:gee:

Chris can tune almost every aspect of the stock ecu, and has spent YEARS reverse engineering the code in the Jtec/Sbec ecus to do so. Him and I are even working on reverse engineering the Renix ecus just so we can tune those as well.

Chris can tune almost every aspect of the stock ecu, and has spent YEARS reverse engineering the code in the Jtec/Sbec ecus to do so. Him and I are even working on reverse engineering the Renix ecus just so we can tune those as well.

details?

renix documentation is a damned state secret.

I'm interested, but I'm skeptical.

details?

Documentation is helpful, but not entirely needed. The renix ECU uses a fairly small flash chip for the calibration, so what we are going to is to put the ecu on the bench and simulate and engine and make changes to the calibration and see what it does to the injector pulse and ignition timing. It's fairly time consuming but should be worth it in the end.

details?

I passed off one of the super rare JET performance "chipped" renix ECUs and a stock renix ECU so they can compare the two and get a jump in the right direction. :D

Any ballpark figures one what can be done for power, or with a MPG tune?
I am just running bolt ons, don't want to open up a perfectly good motor on my dd

I am running a B&G tuned PCM on my stroker and have no complaints. I did have to dyno the engine on the front end to get a base line for the new tune. I dyno it after the "new" PCM arrived and was quite pleased with results, turnaround was only a couple pf days.

Back