• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody CCing heads?

watrousmark

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building an HO head for my truck and I'm about to make a CC plate. If anybody wants one I could make them a plate too. There's plenty of scrap plexiglass at work that I can use for free. Just Post here or PM me and I'll cut you one out.

Explain?

Holy quad post, anybody think it's used as a tool to measure a cylinder head's combustion chamber?

It is of little value on low rpm engines. While that and balancing will make a more smooth running engine, we are not turning 6k rpms.

lol! I guess someone cleaned it up. I only see one now. I was having technical difficulties on the intra web at the work place. I got the point across damnit! lol

Yeah I would worry about it myself usually but I'm sorta leaning towards building a zero deck 4.7 motor and I might have to open the combustion chamber up to keep the compression ratio reasonable. It's not very expensive to make a plate and come up with a graduated liquid measure. I just thought if someone else wanted one I'd make it and save them the hassle of finding a piece of plexiglass and cutting it.

It never hurts to get things exact. The question is if it worth the effort. The biggest cost is getting a good graduated pipet for less than a couple hundred bucks.

The cheapest booty fab method would be to get a large hypodermic needle from your local feed co-op that is used for cows and hogs. They'll hold 100 CCs and are graduated in whole CCs.

How thick is the plexi you're using? I'll probably be CC-ing heads for research, and I could use a new plate - if it's 1/8" or better (1/4"+ preferred,) I'd like one.

I probably have a burette around here somewhere - downfall of chemistry as a hobby (and electronics, and mechanics, and hydraulics, and ...)

3/16" thick. What do you mean Shrek? I don't want money for these, it's just some scrap laying around our shop at work that I'll cut into 6 x 6 pieces and maybe round off the edges on the belt sander. If you've got some patience you can come over to the secret labratory and use my set up when I've finished making it for free.

3/16" thick. What do you mean Shrek? I don't want money for these, it's just some scrap laying around our shop at work that I'll cut into 6 x 6 pieces and maybe round off the edges on the belt sander. If you've got some patience you can come over to the secret labratory and use my set up when I've finished making it for free.

3/16" will work neatly for me - my address is on my site. Thank you!

I'll be building a big valve head before too long. If you haven't done this yet, I'd like to give it a shot. PM on the way soon.

Cnickgo got the last one, I've run out of scrap at this time. Glad to have help fellow Jeepers, I didn't think there would be so much interest in a piece of plexiglass. Everybody that I've promised plates to please be patient, I haven't had a day off in a while. I'll get them out to you the first of the week.

Cnickgo got the last one, I've run out of scrap at this time. Glad to have help fellow Jeepers, I didn't think there would be so much interest in a piece of plexiglass. Everybody that I've promised plates to please be patient, I haven't had a day off in a while. I'll get them out to you the first of the week.

No worries. If you didn't make one for me, throw it on a later batch when you get scrap - I'd have to find my buret anyhow, and I'm certainly in no rush.

I just ask that you let me know if/when it's on the way, so I know to look for it.

I tracked down some burets for in the $30-$50 range. I'm building a couple of stroker motors for trading material. You guys got me thinking about taking the build up a couple of notches and matching volumes and maybe even balancing all the parts and crank.

My stroker gets 21 mpg and I have 110,000 miles on it.

Back