• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody anywhere near Wasco?

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
I know Wasco isn't SoCal, but I figure this is my best bet for asking. The Suburban died on the 5 in the middle of nowhere in the central valley. We got it towed to an auto parts store and I am waiting for a CPS to be delivered. I am praying that puts us back on the road, but if it doesn't I am going to be in need of a shop or someplace else I can get this towed and fixed or work on at greater length.

This vacation has been quite the adventure.

Goatman's shop is in Bakersfield.

G&G Auto Repair
3410 Fruitvale Ave
(661)679-7957

Last edited:
TY!

Anak replaced the CPS with no luck... got a fuel tester from the parts store, and determined it was the fuel pump....replaced, and we'll shortly be back on the road... just 7 hours behind where we were :(

What a way to end the vacation! Wish us luck.
Mrs Anak & the Anakim

Glad you got it running.

Many years ago, I found myself broke down in Bakersfield, coming down 99, and the end of a vacation filled with nightmare mechanical issues. Seized alternator, slashed tire/bent rim, and wrapped up in Bako with destroyed inner wheel bearing. New alternator failed on the Grapevine, and tore the bicycles off the roof on a low branch pulling into driveway at end of trip. Yep, vacations are fun!

David Bricker / SYR

I point out to The Bride "See. It could be worse."

Her response: "You haven't gotten it in the driveway yet."

:confused1

Such faith.

:kissyou:

Back