• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any1 upwards of Siskiyou County?

def.ho

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings! Newly recruited NAXJA member here! :clap:
Was wondering how I go about getting associated with you Sierra folks and if anybody lives up near Yreka?

You may well be the northmost in the Sierra chapter!

Keep an eye out on this forum and see if there's anything interesting. I'd think it'd have to be something special for me to make the drive down, but ?

There are a handful of guys over in Eureka area, too.

Is there much wheeling up that way? Anything we can't miss, maybe next spring or summer?

Being that far north, you might want to poke into the Northwest Chapter as well, I think you're decently close to the border.

I did not think there was another county farther north of there in cali. Ha.

You may well be the northmost in the Sierra chapter!

Is there much wheeling up that way? Anything we can't miss, maybe next spring or summer?
I only wheel with a small handful of people and we haven't really tried organizing anything beyond our little group.. the usual activities include the annual Christmas tree hunt and new year's day run with the family up Mt. Shąsta.. participating in local parades/activities with Toys For Tots of Siskiyou Co. (my sister and her husband are the coordinators and are wheelers themselves).. and various other random day-trips in this area. there are tons of places to wheel and we utilize USFS topological maps and such to make sure we aren't on private or otherwise unauthorized land (brother-in-law works for Forest Service. great maps). In April we're going to be heading to the Rubicon so I've been trying to save money for larger tires hehe.

Being that far north, you might want to poke into the Northwest Chapter as well, I think you're decently close to the border.
yeah its about a 35-40 minute drive to Oregon from here lol.

My mom's up in Ashland OR, I lived up there for some time, did some really light wheeling in OR, but that was over 20 years ago, and now I am in the bay area.

Welcome

I love Ashland. its full of hippies!

Greetings! Newly recruited NAXJA member here! :clap:
Was wondering how I go about getting associated with you Sierra folks and if anybody lives up near Yreka?

I travel up to the Yreka area sometimes. I have some family there they own Don's Sporting Goods. Don't know much about the wheeling in that area though.

I travel up to the Yreka area sometimes. I have some family there they own Don's Sporting Goods. Don't know much about the wheeling in that area though.
Ah. Drake is your family? he's a cool guy

Back