• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any thing going on down there in Jan?

Goatman said:
My local club does a weekend run at Calico every New Years weekend, which will be 12-31 to 1-2 this year. You're welcome to join us, and we always have a good group of XJ's on this run. We do a couple of canyons behind Calico and also run over to Stoddard Valley and run Pumpkin Eater. Calico is in Barstow, where I15, I40, and Hwy 58 intersect.

Keep that in mind.
Pumpkin Eater, is that the same as Achy Breaky? Different trail?

That whole area (Calico, Stoddard, JV) is a wonderland. Close to everything, even Big Bear.

I'll be in the area then, now, later, etc...

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Pumpkin Eater, is that the same as Achy Breaky? Different trail?

That whole area (Calico, Stoddard, JV) is a wonderland. Close to everything, even Big Bear.

I'll be in the area then, now, later, etc...

--ron

Achy Breaky runs through parts of Pumkin Eater. PE is just running the bottom of the two side by side canyons as far up as you can go. You run one canyon, then move over and run the other one.

witt said:
ill probably be up for this run... what days will you run what trails Richard?

The only scheduled run is a poker run up Doran Canyon on Saturday. We'll bypass that first section for those who don't want to run it, and we have some nice optional stuff up above for those who are so inclined, then we'll come down Odessa. Friday it looks like we'll have a group run Pumpkin Eater and probably a group go up Odessa. Sunday we normally run up Odessa Canyon and down Mule Canyon.

We'll serve dinner and have a raffle on Saturday night. I know we have 4 33" tires for the raffle, plus other stuff.

Goatman said:
The only scheduled run is a poker run up Doran Canyon on Saturday. We'll bypass that first section for those who don't want to run it, and we have some nice optional stuff up above for those who are so inclined, then we'll come down Odessa. Friday it looks like we'll have a group run Pumpkin Eater and probably a group go up Odessa. Sunday we normally run up Odessa Canyon and down Mule Canyon.

We'll serve dinner and have a raffle on Saturday night. I know we have 4 33" tires for the raffle, plus other stuff.

good deal... i should be there.... i'd probably just run on friday + sat... leave sun mornin
pumpkin eater, up doran and down odessa.....

hope to see you guys then....
ill bring my baked BBQ pork again... that was pretty good last time...

Last edited:
witt said:
good deal... i should be there.... i'd probably just run on friday + sat... leave sun mornin
pumpkin eater, up doran and down odessa.....

hope to see you guys then....
ill bring my baked BBQ pork again... that was pretty good last time...

Great, glad you can join us. This event is a fund raiser for our club, the only thing we do all year to raise money (most of which we donate). There is a $35 registration fee that covers the runs and 2 dinners for Saturday night, plus a dash plaque and 1 raffle ticket. We camp in the Calico Ghost Town campground, but at this time you'll have to make your own camping reservations.

We stage for runs each morning at the campground. See you there,

Back