• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Plumbers?

just go tankless man, its the only way to go. I can't wait for my water heater to go on the fritz so i can replace it with a tankless.

Somebody call for a plumber?

97nqxh.jpg

My renter is happy with the tankless Frank installed in the cottage. Just remember that the temperature of the water at the input has a significant effect on the flow rate at specified temperature. Also, they will only boost the temp to 120 F, so you cannot compensate flow rate at the shower head by raising the temp of the heater.

The thing with a tankless is you can't just swap one in for your tank heater in most cases. They vent differently, and the vent pipe can cost as much as the heater, if you don't relocate it to an outside wall (I tell people to use a buck an inch for estimating, and 40 buck per elbow). They also use about 4 times the gas in full fire mode, and your existing gas line may not accomodate that load.

They are continuous hot water...not instant, and not unlimited. Most units will throttle back the volume of water and maintain temperature at the setpoint.

If going tankless isn't practical, I like this unit for replacing a standard vent heater. As an EneryStar rated appliance, you'd probably get a rebate from your utility company.

Don't get me wrong, I sell a bunch of Rinnai's, and they are a great unit, in the right application. You just need to evaluate whether or not it's the right appliance for your application.

Steve

Last edited:
Mmmmm....wet monkeys. Wonder how that smells.

Voltex

Heat pump technology, very efficient, but uber-slow to recover. That's why they have an 80 gallon capacity.

AO smith is the number one seller... in China... that should tell you something.

Back