• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one interested in Concealed Carry? UT/OR

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to take a class in hillsboro on the tuesday the 24th. If I bring a friend we get a discount. Its for the OR and UT concealed carry license.

Let me know if your interested. I am going to MKtactical.

Ironic, I have been talking about this for the last 3 days..

OR and UT are what i want, What are we talking about for prices?

It brakes down like this

The class for both is 75 Dollars, if its a group of 2+, then 65 a head.

Then 25 dollars for Finger Prints and Passport photo for Utah application. ( cash/check at class)

So 100 bucks, or 90 if you come with :) gets the certificates.

Once you have the certification's from the class you have to pay the appropriate state and county fees.

I am in washington county, so the OR is 65 dollars at the local sheriff. Then the UT is also 65 dollars.

The fee's in your county should be pretty close.

Last edited:
so, if i want to come with you on the 24th, i am looking at about $220 for the class and fee's..

Correct?

I had actually planned to purchase my first potential carry sub-compact on the 26th.. What all does the class entail?

I'm very interested.

The class is only 100 bucks. On the 24th. You can bring a check and mail off the UT application after the class, they will even help. The other 65 is due in person at your county sheriff

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

Mk tactical in hillsboro.

6-
1030 om the 24th.

I have a buddy from work who is interested also, if you guys are serious I will see about the possibility of a bigger discount.

why do you need to take a class?
if you have a handgun safety cert you can go directly to the sheriff, pay $65 & have your ccw license mailed to you in about 3 weeks.
at least thats how i got my oregon ccw :D

I also already have oregon but wouldn't mind having washington. Spike let me know when you want to go up there I'll go with ya. As far
As utah. Who goes to utah? lol
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I also already have oregon but wouldn't mind having washington. Spike let me know when you want to go up there I'll go with ya. As far
You have some research to do:thumbup:

Also tell me if I'm wrong but utah already recognizes oregon concealed license. There are roughly 10 states that do. Including az, mt, id, ut, etc..

Utah has reciprocity with many other states. As of yet, a vast majority of those other states still recognize the UT non-resident permit. Some states have provisions that say their reciprocity only covers RESIDENT licenses of other states. Have to do your research on that one. :)

Hmmmm... I don't know.. maybe people that do a little research :moon:

Utah is good in 28 states, including washington and Idaho. You can drive to both if you would like. and spend 3X the money.. have at it.

Oregon is good for AK*, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, NE, OK, SD, TN, UT, VT*,

Utah
AK*, AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA,
VT*, WA, WV, WY,

So with both you have a good amount of coverage.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I don't know.. maybe people that do a little research :moon:

Utah is good in 28 states, including washington and Idaho. You can drive to both if you would like. and spend 3X the money.. have at it.

Oregon is good for AK*, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, NE, OK, SD, TN, UT, VT*,

Utah
AK*, AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA,
VT*, WA, WV, WY,

So with both you have a good amount of coverage.
Dave.. You spoiled it

I know it's not right. But I have been carrying for 20 years or better without any permit or ever had a problem. I don't do anything stupid like take it into banks or schools or any sort of government buildings. I should go get legal just like I should pay up for red letters but I'm a lazy a$$ and cheep.

Anyone ever have troubles with there permit? I have a buddy that had problems. If he got pulled over for any reason they would hassle him, call for back up, ask to see his firearm, detain him for long periods of time. That happened a few times and he never renewed and still Carries. He is also kinda a smart a$$ though.

Dave

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.435942,-122.291686
- I love my iPad and PC's suck the black pickle! (black pickle quote from Adam Sandler)

I know it's not right. But I have been carrying for 20 years or better without any permit or ever had a problem. I don't do anything stupid like take it into banks or schools or any sort of government buildings. I should go get legal just like I should pay up for red letters but I'm a lazy a$$ and cheep.
Do you drive without a license?

Anyone ever have troubles with there permit? I have a buddy that had problems. If he got pulled over for any reason they would hassle him, call for back up, ask to see his firearm, detain him for long periods of time. That happened a few times and he never renewed and still Carries. He is also kinda a smart a$$ though.

Dave

Your 'friend' sounds like a douchebag. I would put money on why he gets stopped.

Back