• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one been to Moab?

XJ jay

NAXJA Forum User
Spent 6 days there, wheeled 5 days. It was awesome, but some how I left not completely satisfied, I wanted to do more, I few trails were cut short due to weather(steal bender) and a few trails were too long(golden spike) and I declined doing the hot tubs and escalator on Hells. I can't stop pondering when ill return, what I plan to do to my jeep to wheel more(BFE, Pritctchet etc). Any one else like this after leaving Moab.

Been there. Did Cliff Hanger and another one, forget the name. It was June and in the 90's somewhere.
Some darn ant bit though my sock and put a big welt on my ankle.
Slept over in the BLM campgrounds by the Colorado River. Quiet enough. Closest Potable water was 1 mile away down the road, pouring out of a rock.

Lots of Red Rocks.
There were some folks on bicycles there doing Cliff Hanger. They called us crazy.

Nice enough time, but I duno. We have nice polite ants here, they don't bite unless you do something bad, like sit on them.

I went with my Dad Years ago in our lightly modded Sahara TJ
it was a Chrysler company lease car :gee:

we Had a Blast and did (if i can remember ) Golden spike ,poison spider, white jeep trail? and A few i cant remember . All of them were really fun and the views were incredible.

we camped at a great spot we had to wheel about to the limit of or rig to get to that was on a great cliff overlooking the river. Beautiful , and i will go back someday i swear .
Id like to take the old man to thank him for taking me to wheel in places like moab and the mountains in Co and a few Jeep jamborees. Its what started this for me

Maybe this year with NAXJA is a good time but i dont know if i can swing it .

Spent 6 days there, wheeled 5 days. It was awesome, but some how I left not completely satisfied, I wanted to do more

Any one else like this after leaving Moab.

Same story for me..

I will return!

GS can't get past an autoparts shop.......:D

Been there a few times...... :D

Richard G

Jay, 5 days.......you haven't scratched the surface of what Moab has to offer. I'm a Utah native and my driveway is 278 miles from Moab, so we visit there often. Lots of great climbing, rafting and photo opps as well.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.......the Cherokee XJ 30th Anniversary Celebration this October would be an excellent time for a return visit.

Jay, 5 days.......you haven't scratched the surface of what Moab has to offer. I'm a Utah native and my driveway is 278 miles from Moab, so we visit there often. Lots of great climbing, rafting and photo opps as well.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.......the Cherokee XJ 30th Anniversary Celebration this October would be an excellent time for a return visit.

Well aware we just had a sampling of Moab. Your a lucky man living so close to a r wheeling play ground. I would love nothing more then to partake in that event but time and money are not on my side. Also my wife is 5 months pregnant with our 2nd child(a boy I might add), so the plan is to return as a family when he's 8 or 10 and build my XJ to handle some of the more difficult trails. If we had it our way, we would move down that way, my wife is game but its not that easy for Canadians to become US citizens.

I lived in moab for 10 yrs, been going there for 33(my whole life) and I still feel I haven't seen much. I've seen and done more than most have there, which is why I've started wandering and seeing a few areas I've wanted to see. But lately its hard to get me to moab cause I've discovered sand hollow which has many more options in my opinion, plus the cops are more laid back and the tree buffers don't exist there as bad.

But I still love the moab area, one of the main things I enjoyed was low deserts and high mountains all within 10 min. Of home.

Spent 6 days there, wheeled 5 days. It was awesome, but some how I left not completely satisfied, I wanted to do more.

I go there for a week at a time, once or twice a year, for the last 4 years. I still feel the way you do...Don't think that goes away

I go there for a week at a time, once or twice a year, for the last 4 years. I still feel the way you do...Don't think that goes away

Glad im not alone! I see the odd reference to the Moab area on TV or even in the mail and it brings me back and only drives me further to plan a return. Wish my wife would understand lol.
uvy6e2ad.jpg

Also regret not going to some off the look outs on the trails. We waited for 2hrs at the golden crack for the buggies to catch up from doing Rusty Nail. We shoulda kept going a bit further. These little things eat away at me.

Last edited:
Back