• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Indiana People? I need some help !

dave

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so,
i am relocating to Elkhart, IN. I have a transfer lined up with my present company, but it entails changing my position from the IT Dept to RETAIL ( ARGH ) ... normally i could deal with this, but in this case i cannot. My company has decided to " adjust " my salary by 33%. And somehow i think i am going to miss very much the extra 5 figures a year. Does anyone at all know of any companies looking for seasoned IT professionals with college degrees ? I'm going to accept my company's offer for transfer but I simply can't afford to stay there because I'm going to need to support a young family there. I'd greatly appreciate any direction anyone could give me.

TIA

Dave

i am going to accept it because my fiance is there already and i leave to move there on october 10th, and i have to go to settlement on the 20th on my house... so i need money but their offer will barely float me. ( they had previously given me the impression i was being transferred at full pay )

man that sucks dave. oh well follow ur heart right? anyways i cant help you out but i can say welcome to indiana. not too much wheelin around here unless you go to the badlands in attica. seasons almost over, hit me up with a pm if you head there in the spring. later, josh

IT what??

I dont know anything about IT stuff, I'm just a police dispatcher for the city of Fort Wayne, so to that I say welcome to Indiana.

MonsterXJ...have we met? I lose track of the jeep peps that I've met in the fort. I live near stellhorn/maplecrest area.

give me a call sometime.

mac '402-3387' gyvr

i appreciate the welcome... I'll be doin some winter wheeling
( hopefully ) so if you wanna come out for that you are both more than welcome. I was in fort wayne 2 weeks ago at the zoo :D gotta love takin little kids there. I'd go for even changing careers totally if i could find a decent gig for good money... i'm a bit fed up with the company i work for at this point.. not cool at all considering i've worked my tail off for em and went WAY beyond the call of duty for em. well 2 years down the toilet... maybe i'll just be a farmer.

well...

There IS more than corn in Indiana.....lol

mac 'we'll hook up for a beer sometime' gyvr

sorry to break this to you. but i dont think have computers in indiana yet. they are a little behind the times there.;)

cheers,

jj

jjchgo said:
sorry to break this to you. but i dont think have computers in indiana yet. they are a little behind the times there.;)

Yup... I think that this is the newest computing machine that they just introduced statewide
abacus2.jpg

From what I hear they are going to offer training for it sometime soon.....

people people... the amish only pretend to not have electricity and computers.. they are actually slowly but surely going to take over the world from thier outhouses and underground lairs.

btw i am trained on an abacus too :D

and mac anytime you wanna grab a beer or wrench or whatever just let me know... i got hooked up with a couple guys who have an awesome place to work on rigs in the winter.. inside, heat, lifts, lots of tools and a bunch of people always willing to lend a hand. i'm also most likely going to start slinging parts on the side when i am out there.. there only seems to be one dude around there selling stuff and from what i hear he isnt the greatest..

i digress.... no one knows any way i can make a decent buck there besides buying a john deere and a straw hat?

heat

we have heat and computers and i have access to a place with heat and lifts to work on my junk, oh yeah a full welding ship too....

plus the wrenching on my jeep in my garage....

mac 'and tonight...we have BEER!' gyvr

i may have to ask if i can borrow a welder and a warm place to work when i get there.. i have brackets to weld onto my axles :D and that night i'll supply the beer.

just let me know

we can weld at my house or at the shop, just let me know....

lots of projects...

mac 'motor out of my jeep at the moment' gyvr

Back