• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any good tranny rebuild shops in the high desert?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
3rd gear went out in my ax-15, so ive been drivin without 3rd for a while and earlier today im pretty sure my slave cylinder went out, because i have absolutely no pressure in my clutch.

so i figured i would just get it rebuilt, any good shops any of you trust out here?
thanks
-Shomsky

american transmission exchange in fontana does all the transmissions for my work as well as the one in my 93 xj and the one in my 89 yj and it has all ways been top notch

also Socal transmission is really good and has done a number of transmissions for people I know but they are a bit further away

any shops a little closer to the high desert any of you know about?

i think there is one off of the 15 freeway on the right hand side right before the bear valley exit if you are going north. like by the rv and boat places. im pretty sure but not 100% certain. havent had any experience with them

Out here, people think Victorville and Hesperia before 29 when they hear High Desert. :)
Out here, I don't know of any specific transmission shops, but I've heard good about Mark Speers, right off Adobe Rd just outside of base. They're on the same road (I think) that has Rad Wheels Auto sales on the corner.

the shop alek is talking about is reids automotive hes a friend of mine and he does good work if u want the best u need to hit up a-tech transmissions my roommate works there and they do killer work

Back