• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Dodge Ram Hemi owners here?

Joe94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking and thinking of buy a 2003-2005 Ram 1500 4x4 with a hemi. Found a few with around 90k on them. I don't have any experiance with them other then the normal maintence that I do on them at my work. Anyone here own one or did? Do you like them? Any issues you have? Real world gas mileage? Anything I should know about them? Thanks.

Been looking and thinking of buy a 2003-2005 Ram 1500 4x4 with a hemi. Found a few with around 90k on them. I don't have any experiance with them other then the normal maintence that I do on them at my work. Anyone here own one or did? Do you like them? Any issues you have? Real world gas mileage? Anything I should know about them? Thanks.

G'Damn it...I just mentioned in another thread about how much I missed my Hemi Ram. :(

Loved it while I had it. I had the offroad package and it towed anything and never left me stranded. My only word of caution would be to change the 16 sparkplugs when you get it, because most folks can't gain access to the 2 plugs by the brake cylinder (I think it's cylinder #8) so they'll just leave it and never change them. It's a pain in the ass without the proper tools. I did mine at 90k because I was getting a misfire, and when I finally got them out, the electrode was worn down to practically nothing.

The other thing is you need to make 100% sure that your transmission fluid is filled within spec, otherwise the computer will switch into limp mode and downshift into 1st gear. This happened to me while on I25 going 70mph and it scared the crap out of me. lol. The OBD computer can be a finicky little prick sometimes.

Other than that, the truck ran great and I loved it. If you get one, just don't trade it in for a new Jeep Liberty. You'll be sorry. lol

Joe, I have a 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi 4X4 with 150,000 miles on it that I will make you one heck of a deal on if you are interested in a 2500. PM for more details.

Back