• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Rear Main Seal post...quick question

5-90 said:
Fix the CCV by blowing the lines out with carburettor cleaner or some similar solvent - prefereably from a spray can. On the smaller line, try to work from the small end of the hose first so you can get most of it out.

Once you get everything loosened up, a small flexible wire can help break up anything heavier than the solvent can reach. Work gently, so you don't poke a hole in the line.

Probably won't hurt to clear the hole in the rear grommet - use a small wire or a drill bit (I don't remember what size, but keep it SMALL.)

Since there are oil droplets in the crankcase vapours, they collect and sludge up the lines. Clearing all that stuff out should see to the problem.

5-90

The CCV is worth buying a new one. $12 at the dealership for a new grommet and tube. Mine was leaking pretty bad, so since putting in a new grommet and tube, as well as a new oil cap, no problems. Should be under $10 I'd figure in the US.

As for the breather tube I just don't know. Mine was kinda fawquered and found one virtually new and no defects at all. Took the grommet and added it to mine but it still leaks a bit, as it doesn't fit tight to the valve cover, as the CCV grommet does. Any ideas of making this fit tight? I really don't want to pay the $70CN it'll cost for the whol new part if it's going to do the same thing.

I haven't blown my rear main at all, but do sitll have a leak. Don't know if it's that grommet, the rear main, or by the oil filter. How hard is it to change the 0-rings for the oil filter at all. I'm wondering if it is leaking there somewhat by the looking at the side of the engine.

Back