• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another overheating issue-unique-can't find post relating to this issue

When shooting with a IR gun, try to focus on the heater core outlet, it's the only thing that flows all the time(on late model jeeps). It's basically impossible to know when the t-stat is open and by how much. Shooting hoses is a joke since rubber is a semi-insulator, with a all AL rad shoot the tanks.

Thats what the separate hole in the head at the t-stat housing does.

Last edited:
No. It bypasses the t-stat at the water outlet. Hence the funky shaped hole in the gasket.

Pressure tested coolant system- good
Head gasket tested with dye tester- good. Stayed blue
Removed t stat, re tested head gasket- good
Still spikes

Mine was doing the same thing. Put in a 180 thermostat, aftermarket temp switch and made the secondary fan kick on @ 170. I also put some vents in the hood to get built up heat out. No problems since. I'm pushing around 35s in 95+ heat with AC on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

On another forum everyone is telling me that I should go back to the original clutch fan with electric fan set up. Is anyone running the electric fan set up that's not having issues?

Have you looked into fans with a higher cfm?

My Griffin(wide 1 row core) came set-up for only 2 fans but they are advertised as a higher cfm. I still used and prefer the stock redundantcy!
For 16yrs it ran at 210* and now it runs at 205*.
P1080458_zpsek7mvixy.jpg

Last edited:
My Griffin(wide 1 row core) came set-up for only 2 fans but they are advertised as a higher cfm. I still used and prefer the stock redundantcy!
For 16yrs it ran at 210* and now it runs at 205*.
P1080458_zpsek7mvixy.jpg

So you ditched that set up at continued to run stock?
Or your running this now with only 5 degree difference?

Yeah, I didn't need that shroud but they sent one anyway. I'm using a all factory mech/elec system. This is still working better under extreme loads(I tow a 3K trailer) without the rise in temps,it's hot here!

I don't know what G05 means in your first post or how long you had the champion & 2 fan setup before problems arose, but I had two champion american eagle 2 big row radiators fail at the end tanks where they weren't properly welded. Both failed and started steaming, then spraying in less than a year. Champion is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back