• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another non-Jeep "Jeep"

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Wrangler clone. I saw one at a geyser park high in the Andes, near the Bolivian border, a couple of days ago. Check this out -- it's made in Brazil and the web site is in Portuguese:

www.troller.com.br

Then there's the Mahindra, built in India. Drove one about 13 years ago; it's really the perfect vehicle for Indian driving conditions.

pa_muddin_xj said:
They surely look like Jeeps. are the companies a part of jeep or something?

Can't speak for Troller, but Mahindra is India's largest industrial combine and was originally licensed to build Jeeps locally during WWII. The modern vehicles aren't exactly carbon copies of the original, but a lot of the DNA is evident in them.

i kinda like it. wish i could speak portugese to find out whats in it/under it.
BTW they speak portugese in brasil... i know b/c my girlfriend was from there and her mom always yells at me in portugese. also its not the same dialect as the portugese in portugal, and in some regiones they actually mix it up with some italian...
back on topic though... i think they look kinda cool...nice find eagle. hope your trip was extraordiary.
Nim
did some research... says that the troller t4 is stronger than a wrangler (from which it is based). the review says it has electric lockers which might be a problem, but it also says it is very simply built over all. also says it will fjiord 1.3 meters of water...so approx. 3 ft. of water. sounds cool.

Last edited:
biscuitboy87 said:
also says it will fjiord 1.3 meters of water...so approx. 3 ft. of water. sounds cool.
More. A meter is approx 39 inches. 1.3 meters would be about 50 inches -- over 4 feet.

Rabbi, that wasn't me that was CheapXJ. AFAIK the Jeagle is still in Selinsgrove, PA, but I don't know if it's a work in progress, a completed project, or a complete disaster.

I like it, especially that silver one. The wrangler I heard on tv only can go through 20" of water... I thought that was a little off though.

My girl is from Brazil too! Her name is Gisele Bundchen, and for some reason keeps hanging out with that Leonardo guy. It really pisses me off. :mad:

Last of the XJ said:
I like it, especially that silver one. The wrangler I heard on tv only can go through 20" of water... I thought that was a little off though.

My girl is from Brazil too! Her name is Gisele Bundchen, and for some reason keeps hanging out with that Leonardo guy. It really pisses me off. :mad:

Chysler only rates their jeeps to 20" of water or so to avoid someone comming back to them with a hydro-locked engine and a warrantee slip saying that it was ok for them to drive through that lake.

red91inWA said:
Dihatsu comes to mind...
Daihatsu.

The Daihatsu Feroza (successor to the Rocky) is extremely popular here in Chile, I see almost as many of those on the streets here as I do Suzuki Sidekicks -- and I see a LOT of Sidekicks.

But the Feroza is IFS, and looks more like a Montero clone than a Wrangler clone.

Back