• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another MJ build thread ...

That's weird tho seems for sure electrical to due with fuel

yeah. If I keep cranking it and flooring the gas pedal it will eventually go, but can take up to 5 mins... annoying but ill keep at it.

Sounds like vapor lock issue! Or fuel pressure regulator

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

could be . FPR is newer, its not the stock one, I could try hood vents and maybe another new FPR...

I drove it for 100 miles over a week.then I drove it to my buddies house down the street and its dying all the time again

It is random. Sometimes once every 4 months lately been dying all the time. After warm.

damn thing is still dying.

Anyone know a good auto electric place in sacramento ? I feel like Ive tried everything . its way too intermittent to get it to happen in the garage to accurately test things when it dies and wont start. I'm kinda over it.

yeah I have a bunch of money into this rig. if Im gonna sell it Id want it running good to get top dollar. I love this rig, but its really starting to piss me off.

So the mj runs awesome and drove great for 1.5 hours tonight but the TC never locks. We scanned it and the transmission thinks the brake pedal is always pressed.
Thanks to spencer for bringing his snap on scanner over. Everything else reads amazing and it has tons of power

Nice. Glad you're finially making some progress on its running issues.

Ordered new brake light switch. Going to try to figure out the wiring too. Its been hacked up

So the mj runs awesome and drove great for 1.5 hours tonight but the TC never locks. We scanned it and the transmission thinks the brake pedal is always pressed.
Thanks to spencer for bringing his snap on scanner over. Everything else reads amazing and it has tons of power
TC lock up switch, and forget about it.

Yeah but that doesnt fix the fact that my tcu thinks my brake pedal is always pressed .

But the tc lockup switch is the plan if i cant figure it out

It is starting to make sense why it would run in 1st only with the TPS unplugged--- converter wont lock up with the thing in 1st. so I am thinking the goofy brake light switch wiring is intermittently sending a weird signal to the TCU that the brakes are off and its then locking the TC ?
Im going to cut the TC out of the system and put it on a switch.

Last edited:
MJ Died, wont start, has spark and fuel. Weird. hoping I can figure it out .

have air?

good question.
I am going to check the air filter to make sure its not clogged with a rats nest.

spencer came over tonight and we scanned it again- my coolant temp sensor was reading negative temperatures, and I have been reading that a bad coolant sensor can dump fuel and kill the motor. I ordered a new one and I am going to see if that helps out at all.

Back