• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another build thread.. Shamu rebuild

I'm doing some testing on some amber lenses. I threw this in the 12" double row this morning. Looks promising.

y4a5yhas.jpg

me9umeha.jpg

First thing that came to mind: Holy shit, dude.

Well it moved under its own power today. Shocks are charged to about 260 psi and have about 5" of up travel. I may bump it up a little more.

ahujusy8.jpg

Also the ride is incredible now. The rear absolutely sucks in comparison. The bilsteins poking through the floor in the back feel like crap now. I'm tempted to try a different shock.

Brennen that thing is BadAzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....Nice work....

Ram" Love XJ's with the 44 / 9" combo" Rod

Bumped up the charge in the shocks to 280psi. I think I'm happy with it for now. Also threw the spare and hi lift back in the back. I've got some new lines for the assist and I need to drain all the 10w30 out of the steering system and fill it back up with PS fluid.

Sweet poser shot

nuju2yqy.jpg

Did you switch out to nitrogen yet?

Nope, still running the Argon.

I've been eyeing some bilstein 7100 12" short bodies to replace the 5125's in the rear. I want to try the 360/80 valving. Has anyone have experience with this valving in the rear?

My only other option was an FOA 2.5 in a firm/firm valving, but I can only fit a 10" FOA without redoing the hoops whereas I can fit a 12" Bil.

Or you could buy the 12" FOA's then when they do not fit sell them to me for half price :)

Ram" Chetta is pulling ahead of me on build progress for WF" Rod

Built some inner fenders today out of some scrap. Also mounted the ECU, coolant overflow, hooked up the rest of the grounds, and cleaned up the hood cuts.

gy7e4e3y.jpg

ba8any7y.jpg

Did a light check after hooking up the grounds

ba8ebedy.jpg

My buddy Tom "Charlie Sheen" spotted this on Facebook by some foreign exchange student.

ymuru7av.jpg

I'll take that as a compliment

Last edited:
that's pretty funny!

Back