• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

annoying problems i have

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I have a sony aftermarket headunit in my 99 cherokee and recently it started to develop a problem that is getting to me. I noticed that some times after driving for a while and I move the shifter to Neutral, i hear a clunk under the car and the radio cuts out. it does this sometimes going from park to drive or drive to reverse. I already checked the connections at the back of the head unit.
another issue i have is that ever since i blew off my upper rad hose, my jeep tends to run a full bar below the 210 degree mark and doesnt make as much heat as it used to and i noticed that on cold days and i have the heat on high, the temp drops a little more also. I also flushed the rad and heater box a few times.
Any advice would be great.
Jhery

the clunk could be a bad driveshaft ujoint, the slip joint needs to be lubed, or the transmount is worn out. dont know why it would cut the radio out unless there is a bad wire somewhere.

did you change the thermostat when you flushed the system?

great advice--^

there could be a bad connection in the wire harness behind the head unit and not just at the head unit itself. the movement of the "clunk' could also be affecting a loose ground

like said above, your thermostat might be stuck open after that flush causing the temperature drop

i checked all of the connections behind the headunit and yeh i changed the thermostat when i fushed the system, would a air bubble in the system cause that kinda problem?

Back