• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And the best long arm system is....

I love it when they advertise about keeping caster angles during articulation. I mean WDF cares about caster angles when you are crawling on rocks and going through trails? You are too busy trying not to the hit the tree on your left while putting your right tire up on that 3 foot rock to worry about the caster causing your jeep to pull the right or get a death wobble, which it doesn't do on the trails.

Long Arm comparison threads are fun to watch. I love picking out the people who state this and that but never laid their hands on the actual kit (this excludes those with decades of suspension experience and knowledge).

You ask 20 people what is best, you will get at least 20 different answers. I've personally done BDS long arm kits on several different Jeeps and I can say they ride nice. I have no experience with any other kits as where I work is a BDS outlet and I install everything.

Funky adjuster aside, your entire axle is being held in place by a single 10mm bolt. do not want.

Ummmm No...... its a 3- link kit not a 1-link. I am pretty sure and know for a fact that there are 3 connection points on my front axle being used not just 1.

someone needs to learn to count.

Ummmm No...... its a 3- link kit not a 1-link. I am pretty sure and know for a fact that there are 3 connection points on my front axle being used not just 1.

Someone else needs to learn to count. Take your upper control arm caster adjusting think off and the see what the axle does. If that bolt breaks good luck driving your jeep home after you "beat the piss out of it". It will fold over it self and make a mess. If you can prove that you can take that bolt out and not have it fold I will agree with you.
But my vote it for tnt. true bellypan tons of mounting bolts the original y link.

So i guess that answer the question of: have you ever run the IRO kit or installed one...

I was asking RCP that question and agreeing with you...

If I could see the future I would see that in a few years time the IRO kit will cost the same as the rest and be just as welcomed. Whenever a new product comes out there are those that will bash it because they don't agree with it.

I vote for RC long arm system, that's what I have,love it and have and no doubt its the best system for me :)

whats with the IRO bashing? ill be getting the LA kit in a few weeks along with the HnT, brake lines and OTK. im on short arms right now and hate it..cant wait to get long arms and then my 7" lift :)

I'm still waiting for Ballistic's 3 link reveal. It could be anytime now.
have fun waiting a month for them to ship it, as far as the iro kit goes yeah the wj and zj crowd love the kit but how many of them actually abuse the shit out of em, none and not to mention you ever ditch the 30 for somthin bigger time for a new la kit, my Vote goes to Clayton outstanding products and customer service, BDS Full Traction and TNT also make top notch kits

BDS is the Shiznit!! Radius Arm and 3Link work very good but the Cherokee was designed with a 4Link and that is how it should be. I have been running a BDS longarm for almost 2 years now and I would not trade it for any other design period!

not to mention you ever ditch the 30 for somthin bigger time for a new la kit,

Rob you sir are the only person I have seen point on the only flaw I have found with the kit. I will be sticking with a D30 for the foreseeable future but it does limit your options.

But your argument that ZJ/WJ owners don't beat the snot out of the LA system is a little off I know plenty of guys that do and love IRO.

That's funny, my radius arm suspension is tough, offers great flex, was reasonably priced, and doesn't hang below the frame rails.

Hmmmm......... might it be a TnT.......:confused1

A true four link bnds under flex.

BULLSH*T, not that would have ANY effect on rock crawling........!!!!! You are clueless!:yap:

This whole thread reminds me that it's 7:26 somewhere.

That's nice...........:explosion

Last edited:

you quoted the wrong person

but i have lost my upper control arms before (stock) and it bent my shocks,broke my driveshaft, and bent my steering.

i will never trust something that isnt as strong as stock on my front end. too much can go wrong.

I'm also not a fan of using a single rubber bushing as the upper. pretty prone to axle wrap.

but hey i havent run it, so what do i know. i enjoy my life too much.

back to the topic:

if you are comparing the flex among longarm systems you are silly. any longarms system will provide more than enough flex than you need, other factors will limit it well before the arms itself. what you want in your control arms is a decent angle, length is a moot point.

5_8_5popcorn.gif

BDS is the Shiznit!! Radius Arm and 3Link work very good but the Cherokee was designed with a 4Link and that is how it should be. I have been running a BDS longarm for almost 2 years now and I would not trade it for any other design period!

I like the BDS System because it is a true 4 link, BUT.....
I have pictures where the TnT works better than the BDS System.

Shall I post them????:shhh:

The TnT is nice and high out of the way where the BDS hangs down lower. It does make a difference.

My TnT doesn't bind and it does flex well.

FULL TRACTION..... or rubicon express.... remember were not crawlers.. were go fast. the lower arms haning down a little isnt as big a deal as it id for a crawler....

Back