• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMPPE Build

looks good!

i wish my parents had surprised me with jcr bumpers and a lift lol. i have the same jeep, just lil different mods.
Or just $1200 for what I dropped on my bumpers! :D

As for your "knock" noise when going over bumps, if it just started after the lift was installed, I would check into the items recently put on by the mechanic shop.

Here's a few things that you might want to check out: Rear shock attatchment points(axle end and body end), Leaf spring eyelets/shackles. Just give it a once over and make sure the bolts/nuts are all tight. I see you got full leaf packs from RC. Maybe the old shackles have a worn out bushing on the body side in the shackle pocket?

Just throwing out suggestions.

Oh looks Darn Good btw!

Looks good. Love the nick. Don't forget the rocker protection before going out in the bush.

The mew
IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

looks good. may need to get an adjustable trackbar, or drill a new hole closer to the driverside on the trackbar axle mount, to center the front axle.

Ok so this is my super duper I've been lazy and haven't updated anything update. This will chronicle everything I have done over the last eight months, all the picture are from my phone, new and old, so sorry about the quality. To start I replaced my battery after it nearly blew up my electrical system. I was thinking of going with an odessy or some other crazy battery but decided other things would need to be fixed/replaced so save that money for them. I went with an Interstate green.

8d871b4b.jpg

With a new battery I was able to install my new goodies (and drive without having to worry I was going to have an electrical problem).

At the beginning of the summer my family moved. Instead of hiring a moving company my parents paid my brother, our friends, and me to take care of everything other than the major furniture, which we did get a moving company for. With this money and the money I made doing other jobs I was able to buy a winch and an OBA kit.

0607001611.jpg

0610001433.jpg

The winch is a rugged ridge 8,500 with the synthetic rope. I went with the synthetic because a friend has the metal line and it truly messed up my hands once. I've used it a time or two and it has been great no problems. I really like it and it completes the look of the front end, no more hillbilly jaw look.

0610001409.jpg

The OBA kit is a VIAIR Super Duty. I contemplated a hundred ways to mount it and place everything and decided to make a bracket and mount it where the spare tire normally sat. The bracket is 1 inch aluminum angle iron and the floor is 20 gauge steal. Everything bolted together and this is one thing I actually got a good photo set of. The kit is awesome and runs great. I used it a couple of times to fill tires and it does the job fast and it does it well.

0715001751.jpg

0716001324.jpg

0716001340.jpg

0716001359.jpg

0716001411.jpg

658c155f.jpg

I was able to finish this all up before august when I left for college. Unlike most colleges I was able to have my baby on campus. Not much happened other than I ran through three O2 sensors. One of them just ripped right out. Other that these little repairs I haven't done any major add ons.

Fast forward to Christmas. As I drove home from Vermont I had very little visibility through my back window because a 31 inch spare was in the way. So what did I want for Christmas, a roof rack so that the tire could get out of my trunk and I could have some rear cargo room. I contemplated many racks. I posted on here about whether to go with a warrior rack and got no response. That was as good as everyone replying because the fact that there wasn't one post means that people really don't have them. I had it narrowed down to the Kargo Master or if santa did exist maybe I would get a Garvin Wilderness rack. Well santa is real because I got the Garvin rack. It looks great and holds the tire really well. I took it out for a spin and you cant even feel any resistance (top heaviness on the other hand can be felt).

73131be4.jpg

As it sits now there probably wont be any major updates for a while. I have a whole CB system that I have been piecing together and all I need is the antenna now. I will also probably get a hi-lift with the gift cards I got for Christmas. The next major plans are really big, expensive, and in the very distant future. A 2 inch budget lift on top of my current lift trimmed fenders, 35 inch tires, and a hack'n'tap for the 242. Those are a pipe dream right now but eventually they will happen. I hope to do more wheeling now that I'm all set. I've done a little but not nearly as much as I want.

so, are you ever gonna wheel it?

I have been wheeling. I'm not out to much because I can't drive at night, so unless I have a copilot I have to leave early. I plan to wheel before I go back to school and I plan on wheeling more when I'm at school. I know a few people who wheel at school and come the spring I'll be mudding.

Ok so I got the hi-lift the other day. With all of the gift card from christmass and the holidays the jack was free as was all the hardware to build the mount. I got the black version because thats what Cabela's had, and for free I'm not complaining. The brackets are made out of simple hardware that I picked up at home depot. I also picked up a cable lock so that no one can just unscrew it from the rack.

IMG_0051-1.jpg

IMG_0052-2.jpg

I also figure I would throw up some pics of the jeep outside with everything on it.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

I ordered a 81mm ammo chest to put on the roof. I plan on cleaning it up and then bolting it to the roof rack, behind the tire. I will put all of the stuff in the milk crate on it. I also relocated the amp to under my back seat so that the only thing in my trunk is going to be the sub and air kit.

If you still havent figured out the noise, it could be the d-rings in the front bumper. I had a buddy go crazy looking for the noise, he pretty much refurbished the whole front end. Turns out it was the d-rings rattling in the front bumper. (he felt pretty stupid)

Im not sure what the noise is like exactly, but you could give that a shot.

Nice jeep BTW.

Yey most of the noice was the d-rings. Figured it out when they came off and the noice stopped. Although with the roof rack, tires and other jinglies in the jeep there is always some mysterious noice.

I read real fast and saw those crusty battery terminals, I suggest you clean those before you have an issue down the road... Otherwise looks good!

So when are you bringing this thing to Rausch Creek?

The cable lock is not going to stop anyone. I would make a bracket that can be welded to the roof rack and go through one of the holes in the jack and drill a hole in the bracket and use one of those pad locks that the storage places sell. Hope that makes sense a welder should be able to weld on a bracket for $10.00 - $20.00 if you have the bracket made and painted removed from the rack were you want the bracket welded. If you choose to take my advice make sure you disconect the battery before the welder burns on the bracket.

I would love to join you guys at Rausch Creek only problem is that I go to college in VT. I'm home on break now but I have to head back up soon. I cant drive at night so needless too say I cant really do any major off-roading without a friend. There are a few guys who have run some trips up my way but they just tend to be on my breaks when I'm back home. I do want to wheel more so I'm going to try and do more but I have to balance it with school because if I don't get good grades I'm in a world of pain from the parents.

As for the hi-lift, no the cable lock really wont stop anyone who is determined to take it. However my car spends most of its time parked in a school lot. All of my goodies that I worry about, d-rings and now hi-lift, come off and go in the jeep when it sits for a long time. The cable lock is mainly for just driving around and making sure when I go pay for gas some guy doesn't just unscrew it.

I would love to join you guys at Rausch Creek only problem is that I go to college in VT.

Come hang out in the NAC section.

There's plenty of guys from MA, NH areas and one of them even has a place up in VT.

There are runs in MA, NH that you could definitely take a day trip out to and be back before dark (during the spring/summer).

Back