• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AMC - 4bangers Engine overhall

xj_pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys

after I've read quite a few posts here and there, overtake on the engines, I would like to conclude still take your help.
Or perhaps certainly, you can help me even further.

My engine is to be rebuilt

This engine has the following data:
AMC / Jeep engine cylinder = 4
Year = 12/08/1989
Displacement = 2500 cc
Piston diameter = 3.88

and I wanted to use the following parts:

1) AMC2.5L 150 Engine Rebuild Kit

2) 4 pistons SRP Small Block Chevy 350/400 Flat Top Pistons 144995-1 Forged, Flat, 4030 in. Bore, 1/16 in., 1/16 in., 3/16 in. Ring Grooves,

or

3) 4 pistons SRP Small Block Chevy 350/400 Flat Top Pistons 138100-1 Forged, Flat, 4155 in. Bore, 1/16 in., 1/16 in., 3/16 in. Ring Grooves,

So and now I need to know your:

1) Did any of you ever used this engine rebuild kit and how satisfied you are with it.

2) Is there possibly a better manufacturer of oil pumps as standard for this engine?

3) There is a major oil pans for the engine and if so where I have not found anything.

4) Does any of you if the cylinder heads from the AMC Jeep Cherokee 1995 1989 and are the same?

Still searching for new ROLLER ROCKER ARMS and intake valve and exhaust valves of the engine.

Sun am grateful for ever read and I look forward to plenty of great tips.

Greeting Peter

I'm not even sure you can get a 4" bore and still have sufficient cylinder wall thickness. A sonic test of your block and research on min wall thickness is in order.

I did on Friday. An appointment with the engine builder and will look at the engine then once There with you in the States a stroker kit for the 2.5L engine and the 2.9L makes of it. As far as I did not want to, that would be too risky to me, I think something should have to endure and remain steadfast.

Here is a once drilled the part on the 2.6L and was as good as he has described it:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/back-dyno-160-cu-2-6l-amc-4-cylinder-481639/

More important for me tips are what parts should I use better than the standard parts.

So who has some tips or has already tried out other parts, please write me a message.

Back