• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

am i the only one not receving tax money this year?

20 Years Old + Married + 1 Kid + Earned Income Tax Credit = $3900 Refund.....(too bad its all allready spend....but i do get a Budget Boost for the Jeep)

But im glad that i get any money back instead of like my brother and had to pay $2100.....but then again i would have loved to make $100K last year too :(

-Matt-

Scrub2k said:
20 Years Old + Married + 1 Kid + Earned Income Tax Credit = $3900 Refund.....(too bad its all allready spend....but i do get a Budget Boost for the Jeep)

But im glad that i get any money back instead of like my brother and had to pay $2100.....but then again i would have loved to make $100K last year too :(

-Matt-
hijack: I'd recommend someone ther than RRO. Beefy shackles, but hard to make fit, BPEs don't fit, and CS sucks.

On topic: A friend of mine just had a baby in Nov, single mother, and she got back $3600. I can't wait to go get mine done. 22, married with child, wife isn't working, military, and renter's deduction...

DrMoab said:
...... and the fact that being an OTR truck driver I can deduct 40 bucks a day for every day I am gone.

how is that possible? you are online damn near every night? or do you play on a laptop??

Well, I waited till the very last moment this year. I knew I was going to have to grab my ankles, for a while. But I didn’t expect that horse to sneak up behind me! :helpme: Between the state and the federal I’m mailing off a little over $10k. Bon of a sitch, that was a big horse! I may never walk right again.:cry:

The wife and I got screwed - both our employers didn't withhold enough so we had to write a $700 check instead of the $700 refund we got last year. Even if we were single, not enough was withheld to cover the tax individually.

My wife and I know we both claimed 0 on our W4s - would the IRS be interested in employers changing W4s without an employee's knowledge/consent? I can't imagine there's any benefit to the employer to withhold less tax through the year, is there? Just wondering if it'd be worth making a call to the IRS about it.

ColoCherokees, I can't imagine any employer deliberately withholding less - there's no benefit, since they just remit it on your behalf. Keep in mind the withholding is based only on your W-2 wages, not on any other source of income / expense. Once you factor in interest, dividends, itemized deductions, etc it gets harder to wind up exactly even - that's why one taxpayer gets a $1,000 refund and another owes $1,000.

I didn't figure there'd be any benefit to the employer. But my former employer (small business owner) had a habit of doing things that affected employees without telling us. I also can see him screwing up how much he's supposed to withhold each check.

Not pissed about other folks getting big refunds, just that I've NEVER owed since I always claim zero on W4s, specially since our taxes are basic - no dividends, itemization, etc. Hell, even getting no refund would still have cheesed me off. I claim zero specifically to avoid writing a big check in April.

Just talked a former co-worker - he's in the same boat, claimed zero and still didn't get enough withheld to cover tax liability. I think the boss has been screwing around/screwing up. Time to talk to the IRS, I think. Guy deserves to have his finances examined anyway.

In the 25 years I have been married, I've recieved exactly two refunds from the feds (none from the state) and it was the two years that I paid estimated taxes quarterly.

I don't mind paying taxes...really...My former civilian job was in public transit which was funded through taxes and now my military job is funded through taxes.

I am happy that the tax funded police, fire and ambulance service is available along with the interstate highway system I used to get to a tax funded county off-road park this afternoon.

This year after claiming M-0 I still needed to come up with $635 for the feds and $190 for the state.

Oh well. It's the cost of living in this country. Is there waste, heck yeah, is it better than other places with high taxes...better believe it.

We ended up paying the Feds, but we get a little back from the State, we've only had one bad year where we owed a lot,over 3000, usually its les than 1000, it just means the government isnt making interest on your money......

Back