• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am i screwed??????

coastie124 said:
Because man. This gives him an excuse to buy more tools!!!!!:clap: :party: :clap:

And learn what not to do/get for the next rig and even save some money because machinist shops will charge you an arm and a leg to do something that if you did it yourself... would only cost you a finger or a toe.

Funny, I had the same thing happen to me two years ago doing a HnT on my 99; I ground down the top and sides of cheap needle nose pliers to get in around the tap and I was able to back it right out.

a lot of times taps break because they go in crooked i thought. the hole will be straight, but you're going in at an angle, so the tap has to bend to keep going down the shaft. however they are quite brittle and will shatter if you try to put them in the EXTREME state of bending you do when the tap is in crooked.

I ordered a set of tap extractors online so hopefully that works after i heat up the shaft a bit. If not, looks like ill probably have to get a new ouput shaft.

I am sure if this will work. Use a torch to heat up the shaft then use some needle nose pliers to turn the tap out. If this works great but try not to get close to the seal. I use Carnuba wax when I tap it works better than oils.

Jeep9717 said:
I ordered a set of tap extractors online so hopefully that works after i heat up the shaft a bit. If not, looks like ill probably have to get a new ouput shaft.
Don't buy a new shaft because a lot of us have put the kit in that comes with a new out put shaft. I'm sure mine is laying around the shop still and it's no use to me. Ask here first and you may find one closer.

Back