• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Always wear your safety glasses...

I'm anal about glasses too, I keep a set in each Jeep. When I'm doing something risky I tend to wear both glasses and a shield as well.

Also since I've already done enough hearing damage between loud tools and concerts wheneverr the angle grinder comes out so does my hearing protection.

One thing I have found useful. I get a set of welding/brazing goggles and use them as my safty glasses when things are flying. Find the lightest tint you can get (I'm not sure what it is) and they keep all the crap out. Since I work out in the sunshine the tinting isn't a problem. When I am grinding in the shop (I at least try to do most of that outside) I use motorcycle goggles. I hate looking thru scratched lenses and as yet have not found a way to keep from scratching the crap out of fold down shields.
Ear protection...
Hand protection...
Sun screen...
Gotta' have them.
Rick R:flame:

I'm usually pretty good about that kind of stuff....learned a goooooood lesson. My vision is almost 100% as of this morning :laugh3: so, I'm gonna skip the M&G tonite, and take care of some orders that need to go out.

I'm just glad I didn't end up like this...:scottm: Arrrrrr!

-Dan

crap. I've been lucky. While installing my rock rails, I was drilling the pinch seam and frame and got a little piece o metal in my eye. Hurt like a summabitch. After two hours, my wife finally got it out even though I was cussing and bitchin the whole time. It was stuck between the eye and the bottom lid. Had to pull the lid away while she swiped it with a q-tip

RobertF said:
I was wearing safety glasses while using a wire "cup" wheel with a right angle grinder on a welding project, when a wire hit me in the cheek and bounced under my glasses into my eye.

In California, full face shields are required on employees when using a wire brush, not a bad lesson for the fest of us. I've got some "bug eyed" glasses that I really like, they fit snug all the way around the eyes. As far as the hearing goes I prefer the twist-in foam to the head set type. They don't give me a headache but it takes a little practice to get them in right.

Dan, good to hear your eye is going to be alright, dummy!

:D

Yep, only takes 1x to make a believer out of you. Glad it'll be ok. Eyes & ears always my friend :lecture: Does it itch yet? If not, I'm sure it will. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Good luck with the healing

Rob

Back