• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternate Fuels: Help Requested

SGT_Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently starting my research for a technical report for one of my college classes. For the report I am going to look at the viability of running alternate fuels in my '99 XJ. I will be exploring the options of an onboard Hydrogen generator, pure hydrogen, pure electric, various hybrid options, CNG, LPG, biodiesel, and woodgas.

I am requesting help in the form of interviews with Jeepers who have personally installed and/or run some of these processes. Interviews can be done via PM, email, or phone. Whichever is easiest for you.

I'll be looking into the cost of parts/install of the systems, feasibility, availability of fuel source, estimated MPG, gain/loss of power, and time of payoff of the system. I may add more depth depending on what my research shows up. When I'm done with the paper, I'll post it here and hopefully help some people out.

If you're interested in helping, either reply to this thread or send me a PM and let me know what system you have experience with. Thanks in advance!

Back