• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's vs. JCR rockrails

AJ stands behind his product. It mounts well and takes one hell of a beating. He communicates well and his rockers are great. I dont care about any other brand!

I just picked up a set of AJ's rails used for pretty cheap. Gonna cut em and reinforce em and whatnot, I'll post up some pics here.

I am honestly surprised that AJ or JCR has not come on here and chimed in!

AJ's for the win.

Hi :yelclap:

The round tube on our stage 2 are 1.75 x .120 wall. The square is 2 x 3 x .188. To clear up any confusion.

Of course we would like you to buy ours, but AJ makes strong ones too. If the cost is going to make or break it for you, give us a call and we can work it out :shhh:

The round tube on our stage 2 are 1.75 x .120 wall. The square is 2 x 3 x .188. To clear up any confusion.

Of course we would like you to buy ours, but AJ makes strong ones too. If the cost is going to make or break it for you, give us a call and we can work it out :shhh:

About time........... geeezzz 65 posts later! Better later than never I guess! :gee:

See! that why you guys rock!:cheers:

It's awesome to hear from you. I will definetly be giving you guys a call. See what I can work out.

I'm having the same debate with myself right now. who has the member discount and how do I get it? Price is my main thing right now, I still have to fix the rot on my rockers before i bolt them up. this will just kick me in the rear to get moving.

Stage 2 sliders are on sale for 215.00 at JCR's site!

I'm having the same debate with myself right now. who has the member discount and how do I get it? Price is my main thing right now, I still have to fix the rot on my rockers before i bolt them up. this will just kick me in the rear to get moving.

PM monkeyevil he works there he can answer your question. or just call JCR and tell them you are a NAXJA member. Their rails are on sale right now for $215.00

AJ's all the way, he is great guy and always stands behind his product. He helped me out a ton with a project i was doing for my highschool senior seminar and i highly reccomend any of his products. Great Company, great guy, Great product. Go with the AJ's

i plan on making a few sets in the next couple of weeks & after looking at the rock lizard rails i think i will copy some of their designs into mine, but will definitely use 2x3 main tubes & 1.75 round outer tubing.

i plan on making a few sets in the next couple of weeks & after looking at the rock lizard rails i think i will copy some of their designs into mine, but will definitely use 2x3 main tubes & 1.75 round outer tubing.
i will be making some too for my senior seminar project and plan on using the same basic principle. keep us updated on your project as i am a first timer and need all the advice i can get!

Anyone tried the jcr stage 3s? With the angled up outer tube? I think they look kinda cool, but I'm not sure how that affects the pivoting or protection they'd provide. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have AJs Super-Square Rails and i love them. They stick out far enough that you can use them to help pivot off of trees and rocks. When i put my jeep on its side in a gully these rails help keep the jeep sitting on the dirt rather then the roof or upper doors. they are pure beef and work great as a step if you have kids or shorter people trying to get into the jeep.

Hey, All I can say about my AJs sidebars is that they are great. He communicates well, builds promptly, ships when he says and you get a good value. His bars are tough! They have crushed a lot of rocks! The rear brace into the rear spring housing is a very strong plus! Talking to AJ was great, and so are his products! I don't know the other maker so I can't say anything about it.

Anyone tried the jcr stage 3s? With the angled up outer tube? I think they look kinda cool, but I'm not sure how that affects the pivoting or protection they'd provide. Any thoughts?

i'll know in a few weeks just ordered a set up on Friday $300 shipped on their black friday deal. was going to go with AJs but bumper and rack are both JCR so decided to stay brand loyal.

Old thread i know, but I was wondering about the difference between JCR stage 2 & stage 3 performance wise? Does the angle of the sidebar effect the ability to pivot around rocks?

i dont think it would effect the pivoting ability, but moreso how close you get to an obstacle. i personally like how far my stage 2 sliders stick out. keeps my body further away from stuff, which may or may not be a concern to you

Back