• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airsoft pellets

well, it has all arrived...will get mounted tomorrow!

the jeep is right now filled with....

...this

trxus3.jpg

trxus.jpg

and my kitchen counter has this...

trxus2.jpg

If you can't tell what the dark pictures are, it is 4 of these...

579.jpg

WheelinJR said:
and my kitchen counter has this...

trxus2.jpg

[/IMG]

Same scale and bb's I used in my 35 Xterrains. Walmart did mine, I just weigh them out while they are mounting the tires.

It worked great for me on my 35's but my buddy didn't have much luck with his 33's. They would shimmy a bit.

So I mounted the tires today, tossed in the 8oz of pellets, and threw em on the balancer.

They all spun off 2-4 ounces on each side of the tire. Are they not supposed to spin on a balancer like normal weights?

We ended up putting lead on the wheels, and got em to balance out, but they get some wobble up in the high speeds.

Thoughts?

I just did this today also. I still get vibes, but not NEAR as bad as before with a ton of lead weights. I might have used too much though, 7.5 oz in 31x10.5's.

Mine never really vibrated after the BB's. I dont get vibes at highway speeds or faster ( although I can only go about 75.).

I've heard that they dont balance out on a balancer, but I've never tried it.

so im about to get my truxus mt's in the next few days so i should tell the guys installing my tires to fill them up with airsoft bb's? im still new to the whole balancing tires and stuff

You need to take the wheel weights off. This is a great tool but it doesn't work for every tire. I have had good luck with the airsoft BBs but I know some that have had to take them out and get traditional weighs.

My grandpa used anifreeze in big rig tires to ballance them out.

Okay, I am going to beat this horse a little more...

!!!1

I've got my weights off, and 8oz of airsoft .12g pellets in them.

The ride is great, no shummy when you just start off at all, and perfectly smooth on my speedo up to 55mph (which I estimate is about 67mph).

However, as soon as you get a little over that, it gets a wobble to it. I am wondering if increasing to 9oz or something could get me a few more mph out of it, kind of a fine tuning sorta deal? I'd really like to be able to do 75mph again. On my old 32's with standard lead weight balancing I was driving 75-80 without issues.

Thats possible.

I had to get two new tires today (sliced a couple of sidewalls last weekend). I forgot to buy new pellets so the kid at the tire store moved the ones from my old tires over to the new ones. He spilled some of the beads for one tire, I told him don't worry about it, whats left should be enough - and i feel a little bit on that wheel now. I'm going to beadlocks next month, so I'll just deal with it for now - i very rarely drive faster than 65 anyways.

WheelinJR said:
me too...on dirt and gravel anyways...haha

I'll drive as fast on a lot of dirt and gravel roads as I will on most paved roads, assuming similar visibility and lack of traffic/bikes/pedestrians/etc.

cal said:
I'll drive as fast on a lot of dirt and gravel roads as I will on most paved roads, assuming similar visibility and lack of traffic/bikes/pedestrians/etc.

See I'm lucky, we get to do it on closed courses.

Ok, back on topic here, I think I'll try another ounce or two and see what happens. I'll report back.

I want to do this but am kind of a tire idiot. I have 34" swampers that are already mounted can I deflate them puch in one of the beads far enough to pour in the beads and then re-inflate them or will i play hell trying to reseat the bead i pushed in?

If you have good air, re-seating the bead shouldnt be a problem. I can't do it with the electric compressor in my rig, but i can do it with the compressor in my garage, or borrowed CO2 on the trail.

Keep your fingers clear!

Ok...this is cool but I am confused on one thing. Using 30x9.5's for example, not all of that size tires will be the same weight. Obviously a street tire will not weigh as much as a very aggressive off-road tire. So, how can they tell you how much weight in bb's to put in the tire if all the tires are different weights? Maybe I'm missing something about balancing but...:dunno:

Back