• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag/Clock Spring question

rmagers

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up my airbags and module today. The salvage yard left the clockspring on but pull the yellow connector off the back of the clockspring. Is there a way to pull the connector off mine without damaging the wire? If not, my clock spring seems to be fine even with blown airbags. Cruise, blinkers, etc work fine.

Installed the new module and airbags. Not a bad job. Airbag light is still on. Need to stop by the dealership to have them reset the system.

Ron

1997-2001 the clockspring must be replaced if the drivers airbag has been set off.

Tim_MN said:
1997-2001 the clockspring must be replaced if the drivers airbag has been set off.
X2 It may look good, but it is bad. Reseting the air bag light (if there is no fault) only requires disconection of the battery on the 97+

Ok, I was a little slow today. Maybe not enough coffee. What I thought was the clockspring was the frickin inflator. I put the old one in instead of the new one.. duuhhhh. Swapped 'em out tonight and the airbag light went out! Cruise works, blinkers shut off, horn works... Wooohoooo

Thanks for everyone's help.. On to fixing the front end now.

Ron

Back