• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air tank molded to rear panel

JAlVl3Z

NAXJA Forum User
Had this for a lil while and just getting around to posting it.

Two air compressors under hood.
On/off switch in rear and also hooked to latched output on key fob.
2 gal. tank in rear
smoked autometer green pressure guage
Fiberglassed cover panel with easy removal for draining/service

next project: xfer case skid w/ intergrated mounts for cameras. Not sure if i should do the gopro or contour wireless cams??

20130915_175812_zpsb269f632.jpg

20130915_175752_zpsce742b7e.jpg

GoPro. My GoPro cam out lasted two Contour Cam's that some of the guys I know have. And we use them while playing Ice Hockey

That is beautiful! Did you fabricate that enclosure for the tank? I have the big ARB compressor and I really need to put together a better tank setup than I already have.

That is beautiful! Did you fabricate that enclosure for the tank? I have the big ARB compressor and I really need to put together a better tank setup than I already have.

thank you much. i did. the materials cost around 50 and it took about 8 hours to mold and paint.

Nice work. What tank is that? Looks like something I could cram under my XJ and regain some cargo room.
it is a 2 gallon tank from viar. the dual compressors under hood are viar aswell. i wasnt sneaky enough to get the tank under my truck but definitely tried

That is really nice work. Amazing that you got it layed up 8 hrs.
I think I spent a week doing a motor cycle seat a few years ago (decades actually).
How may layers did you do in your layup?
Did you use a foam mold?

That is really nice work. Amazing that you got it layed up 8 hrs.
I think I spent a week doing a motor cycle seat a few years ago (decades actually).
How may layers did you do in your layup?
Did you use a foam mold?

Much appreciated! I've been doing fiberglass and custom for a long time now. I've used foam in the past but find it unnecessary in most cases. Just one extra really messy step. This is a cover panel and not structural support for the tank so I only did 3 layers. It's mostly wood anyways. Yes it took 8 hours to build. .. but that doesn't mean I didn't spend days starring at it before I began lol

Back