• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Conditioner gremlins

The heat issues usually arise from the CAFE emission on all 01 and some 00 :(

Yes, but e-fans waiting for the AC condenser to get near the rupture point, stressing the compressor and adding heat to the radiator is not going to help either

Again, yours may just need a cleaning. Good to know progress tho :D
I second Carbon; mine doesnt run all the time either, as designed. I had previously asked the same. Someone posted the operation and it was only on with two parameters; niether were just on with comp. From what i can remember, one condition is temp and the other is pressure.

Agreed - a good cleaning and checking the blend door would help out. My AC gets down into the mid-50s and I know my seal on the blend door is gone (since is blew out my vents one day...)

If that is the OEM setting for 00, a factory change from prior years, maybe it is why those rigs have heat issues?

From the searching I've done it looks to be 00-01 DO have a different fan operation, triggered only by the AC high pressure switch or the coolant temperature; no "always on" AC override. Would be nice to have that, but I don't feel it's required. My Ranger only has a mechanical fan and it will get temps down to 30* out of the vents all the while never letting the coolant temp rise.

and my heat issues were DEFINITELY caused by my small ovens, I mean mini-cats on the manifold. Didnt' matter beans or franks if the AC was on or not; I tested for heat soak for a while. Ugh. Wrapping my fuel rail and putting in a hood vent solved those issues.

Back