• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AHHHH. Lifting my 98 XJ.

hey man i was in the same situation a year ago. I was between a rustys 3" full pack lift or a RE Full pack kit. i ended up going with rustys because it was in my budget and they are farely close to me so if i had any problems i could go down there if needed. But i do love my rustys lift and feel it is perfect for me because if i want to i can add on stuff later but right now it is all i need. This Rustys lift also did not sag a bit in a year since i put it on. So get what you can afford and would get enough use out of to be worth it.

Don't forget to save money for new shocks. Make sure you have enough available cash for extra tools and drill bits, etc. Rent your torque wrenches and front end tools from AutoZone, or equivalent.

I added a TC drop, which fixed most of my vibes (cheaper solution).

Make sure you save the bucks for the RE lift and get the full rear leaf pack. I'd also get the discos if I had to do it over again.

After you drive a while, see if you get death wobble. A cheap $60 steering dampner may be needed to go with the larger tires.

Steering Dampner = Bandaid... Notice how most aftermarket steering kits don't include emm.

Man I wish I had the rest of the money for that. :( For now though I ordered a shackle and spacer kit for $70. It's just so I have some room for the tires and it will allow me to save for a good kit and everything I need.

From today, I need lockers soon.

do you have any lift on it now? if so, how much, or is that just stock with the 31's? I'm redneck building my lift with full size dodge parts. the rear springs got me about 2 1/2 inches

It gets pretty old listening to the same ole crap!!! RE rules....blah...blah.....blah...!!!! RE is a good product BUT there are others that ARE better! RC is pretty good as many here run it! Rusty's is pretty good to as many here run it too. Some kits are more complete than others but that is usually where the cost savings is at. If someone is bashing, I would take what is said with a grain of salt!! Build within your budget and go enjoy the wonders of offroading!!:patriot:

Back