• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Driveshafts

Another vote for Tatton's. Curtis does great work. I had the exact same issues with 2 TW shafts as described above. Switched to Tatton, changed nothing else, and problems went away. Although, TW sells thousands of shafts. If everyone had these problems, they'd be out of business. This has to be rare. But it happens.

Now you all have me worried about my TW driveshafts. The biggest pain with TW is greasing the center grease point. Is this the same on Tatton's? The front DS center grease point is really hard to get to.

Now you all have me worried about my TW driveshafts. The biggest pain with TW is greasing the center grease point. Is this the same on Tatton's? The front DS center grease point is really hard to get to.

Don't worry about it until there is a problem. They weren't failing on the road or trail - the joints were just wearing out prematurely. So there will be warning signs before there is a real issue. The center grease joint is placed similarly. If you are looking to lube it in place, it is very tricky. If you drop the cv side so you can position it at will, it is easy.

If you have your rear pinion up high enough, you can rotate the driveshaft so the grease zerk is pointing straight down and you can get a grease gun to it. It's easier to jack the rear off the ground and rotate than it is for me to pull those damned bolts out of the TC yoke.

Back