• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Control Arms

Last edited:
Can you do lowers without uppers? Has anyone used rusty's adjustable flex arms? Will I need a new front drive shaft if I have longer front control arms?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-CA411-UV&Category_Code=ARMS

Is there a downside to fixed control arms, as mine take a lot of abuse being one of the lowest parts of my jeep, and I do a lot of rock piles.

The quality of Rusty's parts is seriously lacking, and the ACME threads on his arms have a habit of getting sloppy fast.

Fixed vs adjustable lowers take the same amount of abuse - but fixed don't have threads and a jam nut to tear up.

What about JKS

and I see pics of RE arms bent up fairly often
Lets see them!Ive seen everything else but RE bend/break!

Last edited:
ill join the angry mob, and also request you show proof of re stuff being broken often.
not that its impossible, but your statement seems to me like you got something against re?? why not complain about something real like price or color selection?

I would get adjustable lowers, but fixed uppers. Adjustable uppers and lowers would be really hard to setup, though you could extend your wheelbase which could be advantageous. I run fixed Rubicon uppers that have a tab-n-bolt setup for the axle end and worn out bushings on the frame end. The lowers are Rubicon adjustable with Superflex joints on the axle end and new bushings on the frame end (on Rough Country drop brackets).

Can you do lowers without uppers? Has anyone used rusty's flex arms? How is thier build quality? Will I need a new front drive shaft if I have longer front control arms?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-CA411-UV&Category_Code=ARMS

Is there a downside to fixed control arms, as mine take a lot of abuse being one of the lowest parts of my jeep, and I do a lot of rock piles.

I am running a set from Rusty's for 4 years now. They are fixed not adjustable's with rubber in both ends. I like them have had no problem with them;.... well one of them need a rubber bushing. My UCA is adjustable.

this thread is very reassuring. i'd been dilly dalying on getting good control arms... i had been running poly bushings at both ends on some real cheapo fixed lowers, but last night i got a smokin deal on some used RK adjustable uppers and lowers (lightly used for a few months, never wheeled and i payed 250 for the arms, TB, and leafs). can't wait.:spin1:

I went the cheap bastard junkyard route. Got some WJ LCA's in very good shape for 50 bux total. They are stout and will presumably address tire rubbing once I get them on. I just don't feel like working in my unheated garage until winter is over.

His last activity was septmber 9, 08 but Bigjeep19 made my lower control arms and they are pure beef!!! they were pretty reasonable too at $200 for RE superflex joints @ either end and 2" with 1/4" wall dom. they adjust from stock to i think 6" of lift.

if you PM me i will give you his number.

Did i say they were BEEF???

this thread is very reassuring. i'd been dilly dalying on getting good control arms... i had been running poly bushings at both ends on some real cheapo fixed lowers, but last night i got a smokin deal on some used RK adjustable uppers and lowers (lightly used for a few months, never wheeled and i payed 250 for the arms, TB, and leafs). can't wait.:spin1:

Damn you!! you took the stuff i was gonna buy. oh well you got a smokin deal!!

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

its not terrible by any means and its much harder to see in pics, but theyre dented and bent a tad.

I have fixed lowers and adjustable uppers on my RE 4.5" kit and it seems like the perfect setup. I can adjust the caster with the uppers, but don't destroy threads and the jam nut on rocks. I scraped the hell out of the lowers on my last run but nothing bent or dented.

idk if anyone sugguested em but if you need some for not too much $ look at the Rustys ones for a 4" or so lift. they have the bend in them so they dont hit the shock mounts as easy as straight ones. i've had em for a year and have had no probs.

Back