• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Axle Parts *Building a Directory*

We also make the Brake Brackets.......

Why not the parts to hang an axle too?

I was called by a company offering to sell me the rights to Crane covers, I wasn't really interested, I have been told by several sources they had declared BK, Don't really know one way or the other.

Dan Fredrickson
Ruffstuff Specialties

Gravel Maker said:
We also make the Brake Brackets.......

Why not the parts to hang an axle too?

I was called by a company offering to sell me the rights to Crane covers, I wasn't really interested, I have been told by several sources they had declared BK, Don't really know one way or the other.

Dan Fredrickson
Ruffstuff Specialties

The intention behind the directory was to make it easy to compare features and benefits of one manufacturer over another. That's why I wanted to list the manufacturers instead of the vendors that carry them. The brackets are all pretty much the same.
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
The intention behind the directory was to make it easy to compare features and benefits of one manufacturer over another. That's why I wanted to list the manufacturers instead of the vendors that carry them. The brackets are all pretty much the same.
Billy

We are the manufacturer.......? And the brackets are not all pretty much the same, not at all......

Dan Fredrickson
Ruffstuff Specialties

JeepFreak21 said:
Billy

Actually the brackets and bracket kits are not at all the same.
TnT makes a nice full truss as part of thier bracket kit, the coil mounts just slide up against the truss, no measuring, very slick.
Ballistic Fab has by far the least expensive brackets and you can buy each bracket part seperately. They have a coil spring, LCA, and shock mount all in one piece, and cheap.
RE has a complete kit that can be used on anything from a D30 to a D60 with a little grinding, but it is expensive.
Tera flex, BTF, Currie, Foothill Offroad, all have various axle brackets.

At up to $400 for brackets it is a significant expense when building an axle, and I wish I had known about ballistic fab when I did mine.
IMHO, you should include the bracket makers.

I think crawlertech bought crane see their front page
http://www.crawlertech4x4.com/crawlertech1_001.htm

91 Jeep Project said:
Supposedly the owner is working in the Arctic and his friend is doing the business in his spare time. Haven't heard anything as far as not being in business anymore. But the way things are being run, they might as well be. I'd keep them on the list for the time being unless someone has a confirmed report of closure.

These purty babies:

dsc00485s_151.jpg

(Basically complete rearend assemblies that takes an ungracious beating.. :D)

Back