• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Affordable & Reliable Tow Rig

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale:

My '97 GMC 3/4 ton 4wd Suburban 6.5 turbodiesel. Black w/ tan leather, 3rd seat, dual heat & AC, aluminum H2 wheels, boost & EGT gauges, performance intake & exhaust. 208,000 well maintained miles. Recent parts include: batteries, windshield, ball joints, tires, AC condenser, glow plugs & controller. Extra parts to be included: new motor mounts, transmission mount, and transmission shift kit. All power accessories work, engine runs great, transmission shifts well, AC blows cold. Driver seat upholstery is worn, body has a few dings & small dents.

Asking price: $5,000.

Out of curiosity, how did those 6.5's do for gas milage?

I would have no problem hopping in this thing and driving around the world. Good solid rig. I would already own it if I didn't have other things in the works.

P6280139.jpg

P6280138.jpg

P6280136.jpg

P6280140.jpg

P6280137.jpg

Out of curiosity, how did those 6.5's do for gas milage?

Gas mileage is great!! They go forever without using a drop of gas. Fuel on the other hand, is a different story. Sounds like those things go anywhere from 17 city to 24 highway. That 24 sounds a little high to me, but I've seen crazier things. I've also heard the gears do a lot. A set of 4.10s and sounds like 12 is about all you're gonna see regardless of being loaded or dry.

Sorry, you got me there :D. Fuel milage it is. Free bump.

It has 3.73 gears and slightly larger than stock tires. The speedometer is accurate as measured by roadside radar. It averages 16 with mixed driving (highway cruising, stop & go traffic, local driving.) Watching the speed, it can get around 20-21 on long highway trips. It easily pulls a Jeep on a trailer.

Back