• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEM F/IC-6 #1910 vs. #1913- What is the difference?

If the cowl induction tube is plastic I wouldn't put the head shield on it. If its metal it would be a good idea. You can get a lace up sock type deal to go over the intake tube.

My Volant plastic air intake tube and open element, I placed my MAT sensor in it just before the TB and at idle I only measure less than 5* above ambient and under cruise or acceleration it is within 1* of ambient. Insulating the intake tube is not where the 'money/payoff' is. The heat soaked intake manifold sitting above the exhaust is the problem. I am going to go and shoot the IR temp gun at the intake manifold. If MATs are 130-155*, just imagine hot hot the intake manifold itself must be! Like the movie(?which one,old robot movie with kids and found robot had cool tracks for feet), 'More Data'. Found it- Short Circuit (1986) – Johnny 5.

Me idiot, not more data but 'More input' anyway get the point.

Used the IR temp gun and got intake manifold 180-200* and exhaust manifold 620-680*.

I don't know if i will get an answer but i am having a problem and i don't know how to fix it. I have installed F/ic and i think because of the temp the engine has it goes on safe mode. Where have you installed yours is it safe to give some length to the cables and have it installed in the cabin.

It is getting really hot and goes to safe mode! I don't know what else might be. it is working almost perfect but when i am driiving for over 25 km it starts acting like half of the injectors don't work.

It is getting really hot and goes to safe mode! I don't know what else might be. it is working almost perfect but when i am driiving for over 25 km it starts acting like half of the injectors don't work.

Sounds like you may want to try and get it relocated into the cabin. I have mine mounted under the hood and don't have any issues, but it's up near the top corner. I also have a poor man's cowl hood/lift kit so it does see some air flow. I did have to silicone the harness however to prevent it from shorting out every time I took it to the wash.

Sounds like you may want to try and get it relocated into the cabin. I have mine mounted under the hood and don't have any issues, but it's up near the top corner. I also have a poor man's cowl hood/lift kit so it does see some air flow. I did have to silicone the harness however to prevent it from shorting out every time I took it to the wash.

i also have it there and my hood is cut and opened in the rear 1'' from factory. so there is some air there but after a 20 minutes ride dd F/ic is burning. So i am going to add some length to the cables and install it into the cabin the problem now is how much can i length the cables!

Back