• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Meeting Nov. 18

Well, I cannot make it this evening. I have had to take pain meds and should not be driving.
Let us know how it goes guys.....thanks, and sorry for the last minute drop out

Tonight Stephan (karstic) and I handed Greg Hoffman a $1000 Voucher / Donation for equipment and tools for the AAT program. Below is what the voucher looked like:

AAT_voucher.jpg

We then gave a $500 donation for Bobby Wright, the Ranger who lost everything in the fire. Unfortunately we didnt bring a camera to snap a photo. There were some amazing donation amounts from many other groups. I am hoping that next year will be even greater amounts of money raised to keep our trails open.

NAXJA also received a commerative plaque for our Adopted trail 2N04. If you were there tonight, you would have received the updated Motor Vehicle Usage Map which outlines all the open trails and roads for San Bernardino.

Other items to note is that Holcomb Creek Trail is slated to open Memorial Day 2010.

I got some more schwag (keychains, magnets and antenna flags) to hand out to AAT volunteers.

There were 6 or 7 Presidential Service Awards handed out to individuals that have volunteered more than 1000 hours.

Something new this year is there are individual awards for volunteers with 100 and 500 hours. The 100 hour award is an Adventure Pass, the 500 hour award is the America the Beautiful pass.

I'll have to look at my notes for other stuff.

Josh and Nicole, thanks for attending.

and the by passes on Cleg, including Cleghammer are still illegal.

and the by passes on Cleg, including Cleghammer are still illegal.

Not all of them. As it was explained the bypasses on the west end of the trail (in the Cajon Creek drainage) are closed, bypasses on the east side of the trail (Silverwood Lake drainage) are open.

But yes Cleghammer is closed.

I also picked up a bunch of the mesh trash sacks from Cal4Wheel.

Back