• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt A Trail Hours

We don't need to spend a whole weekend doing trail maintenance. I would rather not.

Last weekend I was in Big Bear. Saturday I worked on Holcomb, we camped Sat night and Sunday we explored some new trails and grabbed a few caches.

It was a good weekend, a little bit of work and a little bit of play.

:dunno: was it ever officially open?

Yup, just not very well marked ;)

There was a proposed wilderness area that cut through the sluice and loop thus closing it off. I was wondering if that happened as it was just when things started to get real creative with me.

was it ever officially open?

Let's rephrase that, was it ever officially recognized? There are miles and miles of old mining roads and skid trails that have never been recognized as official routes, Pontiac MAY be one of those.

There was a proposed wilderness area that cut through the sluice and loop thus closing it off. I was wondering if that happened as it was just when things started to get real creative with me.

The proposed wilderness is still there.

It may or may not be part of some of the Wilderness bills that are in Congress at the moment.

There may be some private land issues that involve our "friends" in Pipes Canyon.

There may be some private land issues that involve our "friends" in Pipes Canyon.

Awww. Poor guys.

I so want to be part of a restore Pipe's Canyon work day! I remember taking that road *almost* to Big Bear a week after the 1992 Landers & Big Bear earthquakes, we were stopped by a large (10' x 5' x 3') boulder in the middle of the road.

I so want to be part of a restore Pipe's Canyon work day! I remember taking that road *almost* to Big Bear a week after the 1992 Landers & Big Bear earthquakes, we were stopped by a large (10' x 5' x 3') boulder in the middle of the road.

Unfortunately it's in private hands and I doubt they will ever reopen it to public, vehicle use again.

I participated in that clean-up and it (SoCal Fest) was my first outing after joining NAXJA. You guys are awesome and would be great if we could support the AAT program more. If it would make it easier and increase attendance, I could put people up over-night at my cabin in Big Bear w/ some wheeling and maybe a BBQ afterwards. Just a thought I'd throw out there. Of course the Costa Mesa Chapter has first dibs on choice of beds!
Nice to see ya talkin out there Chuck set something up and we will be there we can run BB anytime and maintain those trails.....SANTA

Back