• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adios Endeavour!

I'll have to check it out when it's being road transported.

545466_4236997216637_133011062_n.jpg

I'll have to check it out when it's being road transported.

545466_4236997216637_133011062_n.jpg

best i can do to clean that up... good old LA smog lol

shuttle_zps0ff8a5fb.jpg

email me the original and i'll see if i can clean it up better, that's a killer shot Geoff. :cheers: this way it looks like it was shot in the 60s lol

The 747 is just as much an antique museum piece as the shuttle!
Almost 45 years old,.. still going strong too. Re-engined with modern hi-bypass FADEC contolled turbo-fans, it's still competitive with the newest airliners made. Funny how some artifacts reach a certain level of development, then just,.. stop. Minor tweaks are made, but the basic design doesn't change. Newer, more "modern" equivalents are developed which sometimes equal the original, but nothing manages to surpass it in any great way. Modern handguns and the 1911 come to mind. Modern rifles and the Winchester 70 too.

It could be, that in certain endeavors, humans can reach a level close to perfection.

I live not too far from VAFB, where the shuttle was transported to.

On it's way to CA, they actually had it buzz Tucson at around 500 feet. They didn't do any publicizing about it here, so I was at work that day (not in Tucson). Oh the sadness.

And I was in Tucson that day, but forgot about it, and didn't go outside. Dumb mistake on my part.

David Bricker / SYR

Back