• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding to Rock sliders good or bad

Cousin Eddie said:
What kind of bumper is that.

The bumper is made by a small company out of Utah called Rigidco. I was going to build my own but the price was unbelievable low. www.rigidco.com is the web address. Terry is a real good guy but they ussually have a 3-4 month back up on orders.

Cruzin Illusion said:
I thought of adding a bent piece of tubing to my rock slider to give some additional space between the rocks and the doors. The sliders I currently have are flush to the rockers. Just wondering if this is a good idea or will they get hung up on everything? I was thinking they would come out an additional 2 1/2 inches. Kind of like these:

combo.jpg

If I read this post right he wants to add to the sliders he already has.... how am I wrong.

IntrepidXJ said:
did you even look at the pictures above of his jeep?

Yes, his SLIDERS are flush with the rockers that doesn't mean that they ARE the rockers. Did YOU look at the pics? He has sliders that are made of what looks like .120 steel that are shaped to blend in to the rockers.

truckin6382 said:
Yes, his SLIDERS are flush with the rockers that doesn't mean that they ARE the rockers. Did YOU look at the pics? He has sliders that are made of what looks like .120 steel that are shaped to blend in to the rockers.

i couldn't tell from the pics if they were replacement rockers or sliders.....that's why I stated i wouldn;t do it unless they were tied into the framerail or a cage......if his are, then no problems there

truckin6382 said:
Ok, so :moon: to both of you who said I was wrong. :lol:
Your still wrong.

IntrepidXJ said:
those pictures in the first post are examples of the tube he wants to add to his
Which are damn fine sliders I might add. And that XJ they are attached to is totally sick.....I mean really.....total chick magnet.

IntrepidXJ said:
i couldn't tell from the pics if they were replacement rockers or sliders.....that's why I stated i wouldn;t do it unless they were tied into the framerail or a cage......if his are, then no problems there

I agree...

i cut out my rockers, put in 2x6, welded it to the top, plug welded it to the channel, welded it to the pinch seam, and now its about 10* off bent up...

its sorta a self boatsiding process.... :D

i would add the tube u want and then put a bend at the end that like 2 in further out so it kicks ur rear end out so u dont rip off ur rear quarter...

Back