• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added a Grand Cherokee to the fleet

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Took possession of a 2002 Laredo today and as much as I like it I wouldn't trade my XJ for it. That being said it is a pretty nice ride I think and I really like having one now.

v8, auto, select trak, up country and tow package, spent its whole life in AZ with not a speck of rust or sun damage(owner swears it was garaged since day one and it shows) never offroad on anything more than a well maintained dirt road. I got it from a retired Air Force vet who bought it originally back in 2002 for his wife, has a log book of maintenance and even the original window sticker.

Any co-op XJ / WJ owners out there? :cheers:

My dad's driving a 2003 WJ Laredo. Bought it new, has almost 200k on it and still daily driving it.

He's thought about buying a new vehicle over the years but can't find a thing out there that he likes as much as his WJ.

I have an '01 XJ and a '04 WJ - as well as a '96 ZJ. I don't care much for the WJ. We have 180,000 miles on it, but it's been nickel and diming us for the last 60,000 miles at least. Lots of electrical issues and other small annoying issues.

If I needed to build an off-roader and couldn't find a good XJ platform, I would definitely build a WJ, but for daily driving I'm not as satisfied as I wanted to be. The '96 ZJ with almost 240,000 miles on it is still more comfortable, just as powerful, and gets better gas mileage.

I hope that you have a better experience with your WJ.

I'm an XJ/ZJ owner, but my mother has a 2004 WJ Overland. It has 220,000 miles on it and still hauls ass. Aside from some rust on the rocker bars, an oil leak, and some weird climate control problem (blend doors have been replaced) it has been very reliable. Just basic maintenance really. Oh.. and replacing a ground wire in the body to door. Only mods are a front ARB bumper(she hit a deer and the ARB was cheaper than a stock bumper), Addoc sway bars (necessary IMHO because they changed to hollow bars at some point and the body roll was ridiculous) and a K&N CAI. I wouldn't mind finding a good condition 04 WJ 4.7L HO for myself, but I'm pretty comfortable in my current ZJ. And there is something I can't put my finger on that I prefer about the ZJ. That and my 97 ZJ is just in so good condition.

98 XJ for me and the wife has an 07 WK. Love em both. Hers is loaded and is used most for the longer trips. Mine is used for hunting and running around town. 190k on the XJ and 70k on the WK. Plan to keep them both for a long time and add a TJ at some point.

Back