• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Actual height of 3.5" RE leaves???

Can you completely eliminate vibes with a tcase drop and some shims, or is it possible that I may have to splurge right away and do a SYE? I will do one in a few months, it is just limited funds. If I am looking for a mild lift should I steer away form the RE 3.5'' super ride? Thanks
Stephen (thread jacker)

Oh yeah, it looks as if the OME is an add a leaf, is this true? They claim only 1.5 to 2.5'' of lift, are they serious for $900 and clearing 31's? They claim ride quality, how is that if it looks to be an add a leaf? http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=429 Thanks a lot guys. So would this be better than the RE ruper ride for carrying gear, larger tire on a DD that will be lightly wheeled occasionally?

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
My RE 3.5 SF gave me 6" rear, 5" front wehn it was first installed. Settled out to 5" rear, 4.5" front.

Newly Lifted

85196723Fsppwy_ph.jpg

Settled Out

JeepForSale4.jpg

Nice jeep...this is what i was hoping for them to settle at...is this just leaf springs...and no shackle or anything like that?

Thanks for the info guys...I think I'm going to go with the 3.5" springs...basically right now I have 3"AAL springs in the back sitting on a 1" block and a 1.5" shackle. Currently it sits at 6" in the front and close to 6" in the rear...but the springs are looking pretty beat. I think I'm going to keep my 1.5" shackle and add these 3.5" RE springs. I hope it comes out somewhere around 6".

With RE 3.5's and stock shackles I was sitting at about 5.5 inches. I added a 1" boomerang shackle which allowed the pack to settle a little more, so I'm now sitting at 6". 5" from the leaves, 1" from the shackle. Rides great, but I'm thinking of getting taller springs. I'm sitting at over 7" up front and keep dragging my rear end on ledges.

I ran the RE3.5 kit for a couple of years. After it settled out, I sat 4" on the nose. RE shackle and spacer put me up to 5".

Back