• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accommodations...???

Were are they at?? I dont remember seeing them.

The smallest one is in the upper parking lot behind where you air up... honestly I never noticed it but allegedly it's there. The next biggest one is the big red log cabin out by the road, next to the Polaris shop. And the largest one is the house you can see from the backside of the quarry. At least that's what they told me.

The small one was the one that was built for Jessie Hains when he worked there...lived on site...doubt he spent much time in the cabin lol.

mac 'campground needs to build some' gyvr

??? I did not know this.

I was browsing the site a few weeks ago and saw it and kept it quiet so we could get the cheap one! :D

Flexd 'cold weather sucks' XJ

I thought about getting the cabin and sharing it, but it can get real expensive if people back out

We are only using 2 small electric heaters in the pop up. We tested it out in October and it kept it nice and toasty in there for us

Oil heaters are the best way to go hands down. I used to have to use 2 ceramics on the bus they had a hard time, 1 oil heater did the job great.

My oil heater must have been broke....it was pointless in my pop up!

We have been pretty happy with our Big buddy heater from Mr Heater.

Some of their other products look pretty cool

X2...we use ours to take the chill out of the tent then the ceramic has a better chance of keeping up.

Ram" Our tent stayed above 55 last year"Rod

My oil heater must have been broke....it was pointless in my pop up!

What kind of tent you have and how much you spent on it makes a big difference. The $30 walmart popup tent doesn't do much for winter camping. I don't know what you have, but I'm guessing it's not a 4 season tent.

I also have a propane mr. buddy, but I worry about the fumes. It worked well in the Kodiak canvas tent I just bought, but I had to make sure it was vented well. I would only use it if I didn't have access to electricity.

What kind of tent you have and how much you spent on it makes a big difference. The $30 walmart popup tent doesn't do much for winter camping. I don't know what you have, but I'm guessing it's not a 4 season tent.

I also have a propane mr. buddy, but I worry about the fumes. It worked well in the Kodiak canvas tent I just bought, but I had to make sure it was vented well. I would only use it if I didn't have access to electricity.

It was the pop up camper I brought a couple years ago. I had one of those oil filled radiators in it. I dunno if it was just too drafty or what but it didn't work well in that. I have one of the Mr. Buddy heaters as well but have yet to use it while camping.

Back