• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accel dual-sync distributor

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Was looking for distributors and found this Accel dual-sync distributor

77242.jpg

ACCEL 77242, Distributor, DFI Dual Synch, Jeep 4.0, Each

ACCEL's DFI dual synch distributors generate two signals for the cam and crank for sequential fire fuel injected motors. LED readout allows you to sync up without expensive equipment. Billet distributor housing. Uses large cap for better spark distribution.

Not for me but it sounds pretty interesting. Replace the crank sensor. Not sure how/if you could advance the timing with it.

Was looking for distributors and found this Accel dual-sync distributor

Not for me but it sounds pretty interesting. Replace the crank sensor. Not sure how/if you could advance the timing with it.

The distributor is designed to only work with their DFI standalone EFI system (or with some setup any other standalone) and can't be used with the factory ecu, so in a nutshell, yes it can be used to advance the ignition.

http://shop.accel-ignition.com/gen7-jeep-4-0l-6-cyl-w-dual-sync-ign.html

If your using something like a megasquirt you could use this, but with there being a factory crank and cam sensor there is no need.

That's what caught my eye about it. Get rid of the factory crank sensor. And possibly get some opportunities for changing the base timing.

This distributor outputs a different signal that the factory computer can't read, so if you were using an aftermarket standalone ecu that supports the signal it outputs you could use it to eliminate the factory CPS.

Back