• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Issues

haha nah, I'm just going to move out of Fl. Its boring down here haha :eyes:

We have family in PA, they didn't get how intense the southern sun is, you have to have ac in the car and house. Grandpa for some reason thought AC in the house would get you sick. In his defense The PA summers were very mild and low humidity. Down here when the ac goes out it's a damn emergency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have family in PA, they didn't get how intense the southern sun is, you have to have ac in the car and house. Grandpa for some reason thought AC in the house would get you sick. In his defense The PA summers were very mild and low humidity. Down here when the ac goes out it's a damn emergency!

Exactly. Its nasty down here lol

Alright sorry for the delayed reply... guy quit at work and its been nuts!

So I got a thermometer and placed it on the center vent and ran the jeep on high recirculate the other day and have been watching it as I drive.

Yesterday was in the upper 80s but not too humid... for once.

The Jeep was at 102* after sitting for about 25 min. I started the Jeep and had it on High on idle for about 20 min and it got down to 75*

I started driving around town and it dropped down to 68* was the lowest I saw.

I went on the highway for about 5 miles and it dropped down to 66* and that was the coldest it got.

I was driving last night when it was in the upper 70s and it still stayed around 66-68.

Thoughts?

This was the temperature out of the vent?

Not an expert but I'm thinking expansion valve and dryer, maybe condenser , if your freon is correct as I remember I though it was and you had a new evaporator.

I kind of suspect those old parts before the new evaporator but if it's really defective then maybe it's the issue,

This was the temperature out of the vent?

Not an expert but I'm thinking expansion valve and dryer, maybe condenser , if your freon is correct as I remember I though it was and you had a new evaporator.

I kind of suspect those old parts before the new evaporator but if it's really defective then maybe it's the issue,

The weird thing is it seems to fluctuate. If it rains it seems to work much better for some reason.

Sounds like they maybe a charge level issue or moisture in the system. Make sure to charge the system by weight and not pressure.

If it is moisture, you need to change out that dryer. A dryer becomes saturated pretty quickly when you have a leak in the system. How long did you leave the bad evaporator in before you changed it out? Living in a high humidity area sure won't help.

A dryers sole job is to extract any moisture from the system but it doesn't have a way to discharge it so it stores it. Whenever you have a leak, it creates a point where moisture can enter the system. Since the dryer can't discharge, it will quickly get saturated. This is one of the reasons why you pull a vacuum before charging (to try to get all the existing air/moisture out of the system).

If it is moisture, you need to change out that dryer. A dryer becomes saturated pretty quickly when you have a leak in the system. How long did you leave the bad evaporator in before you changed it out? Living in a high humidity area sure won't help.

A dryers sole job is to extract any moisture from the system but it doesn't have a way to discharge it so it stores it. Whenever you have a leak, it creates a point where moisture can enter the system. Since the dryer can't discharge, it will quickly get saturated. This is one of the reasons why you pull a vacuum before charging (to try to get all the existing air/moisture out of the system).

Sounds accurate... the leak was there for a while like all XJs haha but it would leak out a full charge in about 12hrs before i changed the evap. so it was a large leak. how bad is the dryer to change?

Back