• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a southern so cal run ( short notice )

steagall9301 said:
Truckhaven ( if thats where TDS was held ) on the evening of the 24th, 25th, 26th, i have never been there, but my friend has been and i will need to get directions from him.

TDS is in the Truckhaven hills just west of Hwy.86 and N.Marina Dr.

If you come over the hill on Hwy.78 when you get to Hwy. 86 turn north on Hwy. 86 then in 12 to 15 miles (approx.) you'll hit a across street with signs saying Borrego Springs S-22 stay on Hwy. 86 for about another mile (approx.) then the N.Marina Dr. sign will appear (be in the fast lane to access the turn lane) go west on N.Marina.... new houses are popping up....at end of pavement continue through the saddleback and this is where the "main" camping area is.... from there go west & north wherever your heart or stones desire....

If Goatman is coming from San Felipe and crossing at Mexicali....once across
I'd go north on Hwy.111 to I-8 then west to Forrester Rd. exit
I-8 then north to Westmoreland....in Westmoreland make a left (going west) at the 4 way stop on Hwy.86 then it will start to turn north a few miles down the road.... then the Border Patrol inspection station at the above mentioned Hwy.78 intersection then just continue north using the above directions from Hwy.78 to N.Marina Dr.
Have fun... theres a slim chance I might show on Sat..... Ch. 3....
Curt

OK, I'll see you guys there. I could be there by mid day, so I'll likely explore around in Anza-Borrego. Look for my white F250/Lance camper.

cell 661-706-1600, and if I forget to switch to CH 3, try me on CH 4.

I'm outta here. :wave:

Troy,

I dont think that I'll be going to this. The leg is in pain from the accident and $ is low right now (after my recent purchases) so, yeah. Definetelly try to get something together after the install.:repair:

for you guys that wanted to go but couldnt, sorry you missed it! those of you that said you would and didnt you missed It it was a blast and when the pics roll in and i get them down loaded i will post them.party1:

Goatman, special thanks to you for every thing this weekend. ANY time you are in the area, you are welcome and if possible i will gladly go wheeling with you again!

steagall9301 said:
for you guys that wanted to go but couldnt, sorry you missed it! those of you that said you would and didnt you missed It it was a blast and when the pics roll in and i get them down loaded i will post them.party1:

Goatman, special thanks to you for every thing this weekend. ANY time you are in the area, you are welcome and if possible i will gladly go wheeling with you again!
better late than never but here are the pics
2ndmudhole.jpg

some new friends goatman and i met
thephoneboothonphoneboothhill.jpg

the phone booth on phone booth hill, that was a fun climb
usinthe2ndmudhole.jpg

me going through the first mud portal, these were really cool
usgointhroughthe1stmudhole.jpg

following goatman through the second hole
richardgoatmananddaniel.jpg

Goat man and my son on phone booth hill, i wish i had more pics but i didnt have a camara with me so i owe Goat man thanks for these. here is the last two i am posting, my poped bead
fixenthebead2.jpg

and the close up
popedbead.jpg

ok, one more of me and the boys in camp
meandmyboysattruckheaven.jpg

it was really a good time, wish more people showed up, enjoy the pics.....

Looks like you had fun :)

so a H2 went up to telephone / booth hill and it didnt break? lol

djblade311 said:
so a H2 went up to telephone / booth hill and it didnt break? lol
they went the easy trail up and had some trouble on the way from what i hear

I remember when the first arch was just a hole was the size of a basketball... I've got picts. of the kids look'n through with just their faces...... next thing I know someone has punched through it...... we were there a few weeks ago... cool picts.
Curt

Back