• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A salute to 10 years with the XJ...

1121134147049957266S600x600Q85.jpg

mac 'worth repeating' gyvr

Gas tank leaking, tire leaking, busted a hub at Rocks and Valleys in MI on Thursday.

mac 'all in a days work' gyvr

12 years ago!

Still doing mods!

Just replaced the fuel cell and have 35 spline stuff to put in the front end...

mac 'a dozen!' gyvr

13 years on the 21st...

So I'll post it today in case the world ends on the 21st.

Try to update the thread with some pics from 2012.

mac 'another year' gyvr

it was insignificant when I bought my first xj, I had no idea what that vehicle would lead to.

Every now and again I stop and say "Why, oh why, didn't I buy a Geo Metro?"

First lift: October, 2000. Rusty's 3" spring lift, and 31x10.50 MT/Rs. Got regeared a couple of months later from 3.07 to 4.10.
lifted_jeep.jpg

Come to think of it... I haven't broken any glass (tire shop did, though....) and I've really only put one dent in the sheet metal.

Replaced the leaking fuel cell with a Jazz cell with an internal bladder, also got a new battery to replace the one that was pretty old. At some point I added the cutoff switch that you can see.
e964df04.jpg

Added 35 spline outters and some chromo inners.
b581c471.jpg

Wheeled it at the badlands...broke the axle house where it was plug welded to the tube.
2e4459c5.jpg

Pulled the axle, cleaned it up, tig welded it back together.
ded17ef1.jpg

Cleaned it up for the crawl in Harlan. Had a blast down there.
4d6b2d05.jpg

Found a bit more body damage in can opener.
0286a435.jpg

Put a new sexy led light on the front.
1204d31f.jpg

After several years of wheeling the eaton in the rear, I finally broke a rear shaft. Fixed it in less and 30 mins.
c022e095.jpg

Took it to my annual burnout party.
burnout.jpg

Went to MI to do a little competition with some other NAXJA peps. I don't have any pics at the moment and we didn't do very well.

Right now its sitting in the garage waiting to be prepped for Winterfest 2013, March 1st and 2nd, 2013 at the Badlands.

mac 'quick year in review' gyvr

Forgot to add.

I added a new trailer to put it in this year.
d4444c96.jpg

And a golf cart for the campgrounds. Everything fits in the trailer in style.
eab476db.jpg

mac 'now I bring the kitchen sink too' gyvr

Actually, I'm not sure if it will make the trip to Moab, the golf cart.

We are looking at renting a wedge trailer to haul 2 or 3 XJs out with my truck. I have cabins rented already. I get better fuel mileage if I split an open trailer and stay in the cabins.

Worked well in 2008.

mac 'maybe if it fits' gyvr

Back