• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A reminder to get your rigs cleaned out

Metal Thrasher

NAXJA Forum User
Loose speaker leaves driver paralyzed

[SIZE=-1]02:26 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SUSAN WYATT / KING5.com[/SIZE]

WSP
The large speaker inside the Datsun flew forward in the crash and struck the driver in the neck.

SEATTLE - A 27-year-old Redmond man was left paralyzed after the car he was driving was rear-ended and a non-mounted speaker in his car flew forward and hit him, breaking his neck.
The Washington State Patrol says the man was driving a Datsun 240Z and was stopped at the ramp meter light on the NE 70th ramp to northbound I-405 on Saturday afternoon when a second man driving a Ford F250 pickup failed to stop for the meter light and ran into the Datsun at a high rate of speed.
The impact of the crash caused a speaker in the Datsun to fly forward, striking the driver and breaking his neck. He was left a quadraplegic and remains in serous condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The driver of the Ford, a 40-year-old Bothell man, was not injured. The truck he was driving is owned by Intrastate Painting Corporation in Seattle.
The collision remains under investigation.
The State Patrol is urging people to be cautious when mounting speakers or other devices in vehicles. They say appropriate brackets designed to withstand sudden stops or impacts should be used

Metal Thrasher said:
Loose speaker leaves driver paralyzed

[SIZE=-1]02:26 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SUSAN WYATT / KING5.com[/SIZE]

WSP
The large speaker inside the Datsun flew forward in the crash and struck the driver in the neck.

SEATTLE - A 27-year-old Redmond man was left paralyzed after the car he was driving was rear-ended and a non-mounted speaker in his car flew forward and hit him, breaking his neck.
The Washington State Patrol says the man was driving a Datsun 240Z and was stopped at the ramp meter light on the NE 70th ramp to northbound I-405 on Saturday afternoon when a second man driving a Ford F250 pickup failed to stop for the meter light and ran into the Datsun at a high rate of speed.
The impact of the crash caused a speaker in the Datsun to fly forward, striking the driver and breaking his neck. He was left a quadraplegic and remains in serous condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The driver of the Ford, a 40-year-old Bothell man, was not injured. The truck he was driving is owned by Intrastate Painting Corporation in Seattle.
The collision remains under investigation.
The State Patrol is urging people to be cautious when mounting speakers or other devices in vehicles. They say appropriate brackets designed to withstand sudden stops or impacts should be used

oh crap I better tie down all the fast food wrappers and empty water bottles

My mom several years ago had an accident where the impact sent her jack flying.... it hit her head...shoulder ... then her thigh....she got lucky that it only caused 1 day in the hospital, a couple minor injuries and a BAD headache for awhile.

Some people have given me a hard time for tieing everything down (overkill is what they call it) but thats why I do.

Sad Story but a painfull reminder

All of my gear in the back of the XJ is always tied down. When I rolled it, it all stayed in place, just like I wanted it to. The way I look at it if you're ok letting it hit you in the back of the head, you don't need to tie it down.

Holy Jesus! was there anything left of the 240? but that seriously sucks. most of the time i at least have a cargo net holding things down.

think ahead =)

Back