• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A message to President Obama.

Do you want to keep your guns?

• Yes.

Votes: 108 98.2%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly, Clinton got a free ride. And all of the Dems rave about how great our economy was under him........................:rolleyes:

"He balanced the budget...we had a surplus." :rolleyes:

Yeah because all the the tax revue that was generated by LOWERING taxes in the 80's. Lower taxes creates more tax revenue....some people don't f-in get that.

If I have extra money I save a portion and spend the rest. Corporations are no different(except maybe for the save part).

"He balanced the budget...we had a surplus." :rolleyes:

Yeah because all the the tax revue that was generated by LOWERING taxes in the 80's. Lower taxes creates more tax revenue....some people don't f-in get that.

If I have extra money I save a portion and spend the rest. Corporations are no different(except maybe for the save part).

While Reagan did lower taxes, it led to a dismal economy during his 8 years in office, and a huge deficit. Bush senior followed Reagan. Bush Senior raised taxes, reduced the deficit some, but lost the re-election attempt to Clinton because the economy was still hurting, anemic, and Bush senior was cutting back on government spending and economic incentives that might have stimulated the economy, but instead as Gulf War veterans returned home, and the Cold war ended, Bush senior cut way back on defense spending, including the Federal national labs that develop advanced weapons, and those cut backs increased unemployment in Bush Senior's last year.

Clinton's admin set up a number of new government lab CO-OP (with private industry) incentives that rapidly moved high tech government lab R & D potential products (previously R & D done exclusively for military purposes), into the civilian Internet products that started the massive internet expansion of the 90's, which was the most significant basis of the 90's economic improvements.

While Reagan did lower taxes, it led to a dismal economy during his 8 years in office, and a huge deficit. Bush senior followed Reagan. Bush Senior raised taxes, reduced the deficit some, but lost the re-election attempt to Clinton because the economy was still hurting, anemic, and Bush senior was cutting back on government spending and economic incentives that might have stimulated the economy, but instead as Gulf War veterans returned home, and the Cold war ended, Bush senior cut way back on defense spending, including the Federal national labs that develop advanced weapons, and those cut backs increased unemployment in Bush Senior's last year.

Clinton's admin set up a number of new government lab CO-OP (with private industry) incentives that rapidly moved high tech government lab R & D potential products (previously R & D done exclusively for military purposes), into the civilian Internet products that started the massive internet expansion of the 90's, which was the most significant basis of the 90's economic improvements.

come on dude..it's 1984 I make a cool million a year. I invest a huge chunk of change on a small computer company(Apple Computer, Micro Soft, etc). It takes years for that investment to return anything.

HW Bush gets railroaded into raising taxes by a stupid earmark that a Lib controlled congress stuffed in there.

Clinton uses that earmark to win. Running ads "Read my lips". Is it all coming back to you now Mike?

Clinton raises taxes more, rich folks stop spending/investing money. Tax $s in the treasury actually drop! Yes Clinton raised tax percentages and collected less money. HAH. Think of it like Walmart raised profit margins on lawn mowers...raised it so much people decided to just use their old mower for a while.

W Bush hits the White House with plans is just like Reagan. Lower taxes. He plans on lowering the profit margins on the lawn mowers...lowering them so much that everyone can afford one. SWEET! then...911.

He lets the markets try to handle that themselves. 0% interest finance programs etc. However that's not working...people are mad as hell about 911. What stimulates the economy, what will bring us together as a nation? War.

War costs money so we have debt.

Mike read up...open your mind

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

HW Bush gets railroaded into raising taxes by a stupid earmark that a Lib controlled congress stuffed in there.

Bush was not railroaded, he called Reagan's tax cut plan Voodoo economics when he ran against Reagan for the Republican nomination, in Fact Bush senior was the one that coined the phrase VOODOO Economics regarding the Reagan tax cuts. I was there! Later he ended up being Reagan's running mate, kept his mouth shut for 8 years while Reagan nearly bankrupted the country with his Voodoo economics, then when Reagan retired and Bush became the president, Bush senior asked congress to raise taxes to reduce the yearly deficits. It was Bush seniors idea to raise the taxes and reduce the deficit.

Clinton raises taxes more, rich folks stop spending/investing money. Tax $s in the treasury actually drop! Yes Clinton raised tax percentages and collected less money. HAH.

:bs: Nonsense.

I'd really like to see you prove that Clinton collected less taxes after raising tax rates. Good one.

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/270292.stm

"Mr Reagan believed that getting the government out of the lives of its citizens as much as possible would boost economic growth. He pushed for tax cuts, especially for the rich, on the grounds that giving them greater incentives would stimulate risk-taking and entrepreneurship.
His advisers believed that the additional economic activity would actually boost tax revenues.
However, his parallel commitment to fight communism led him to propose a vast increase in military spending, draining the public purse.
The result was a burgeoning budget deficit which worried conservative Republicans as much as Democrats.
Pressure on industry
The main worrier was the then head of the Federal Reserve Bank, Paul Volcker, who raised interest rates sharply to stop the deficit from fuelling inflation.
The result was the "Reagan recession", as opponents called it, or the "Volcker recession", as the president's supply-side supporters said.

Another result of high interest rates was a soaring dollar, which made US exports uncompetitive.

The ensuing trade deficit put pressure on many basic American industries, like steel and cars, and led to calls for protectionist legislation, especially against Japan.
Although Mr Reagan was rhetorically a free-trader, he backed many of the protectionist measures passed by Congress
These included the still-controversial Super 301 provision which allowed the president to impose trade sanctions against named countries."

Back