• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few leftovers for sale on Ebay: CD deck, tow brackets, overhead light

Giving you a bump to the top but also wanted to let you know that those brackets won't work on the 97-01. The bumper attaches to the brackets differently than the 84-96. Mopar sells a different bracket kit for the 97-01.
I've currently got an older set in the garage that won't work on my 97. :mad:

JEEPZZ: yes they will work all you do it just cut off the bumper mount...grind it flat and then you have one that will work on any year XJ and if you want you can even tack weld on your 97+ bumper mounts... At least it worked for a friend of mine...

Chris

I see what you're saying (it helped to have the bracket in front of me). :laugh3: I think I'll leave the brackets separate and just piggy back them. This isn't going to make the brackets too wide is it?
Looks like I've got yet another project.

Sorry about the hijack FU-UR, but at least its back to the top for you again. :)

That will work, but here is what I did on my 99. I took a short piece of 1.5x1.5 angle iron, about 4 inches, and made the upper bumper attachments frol it`mpr each side. You are correct about the older brackets. So the angle iron attaches to the upper vertic`j bolt hole, and%the to %of the`engle becomes the upper bumper bolt location (you drill the holes in thd%anfle (zon, ofpmourse)~

Back