• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Day in the Desolate Hell That is New Mexico

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
We were supposed to go on a run with some other people, but after yesterday, getting up early was not in the cards for Wifey and I. So we slept in. :worship:

Waited until the balloon fiesta crowd thinned a bit, then headed for a ride in the Jeep. The paved road ends about 30 min. from my door, and you get this sign:
RoadClosed.jpg

The colors were changing nicely, the dirt road was in decent shape, considering the rains we have had lately. It was very enjoyable.

LookingNE.jpg

LookingNW.jpg

After we returned to pavement, we headed up to the Sandia Crest. The weather was perfect, nice and cool. The NINER was a pleasure to drive, it did not struggle at all like my XJ's did on the climb.

After we rolled back in to town, we headed to Marble Brewery for a couple of pints, lunch, and picked up a growler. Then went to 4Wheel Parts to go visit with a couple Jeep friends.

Now just chilling at home with Wifey and the puppies, and mulling over a job offer that I have to respond to on Monday.

And here is my first pour of the growler for my Marble Brewery Double White. A Gold Award winner at the Great American Brew Fest 2014. Also Small Brewing Company & Brewing Company Brewer of the Year!
MarbleDoubleWhiteGoldAward.jpg

Back